NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I returned to one of my fav floodplain parks today. It's name is Lola Valley Park, and Ms. Lola loves me....still. Although she was a little cold today, I still scrubbed her back. And she rewarded me the best way she knows how. She introduced me to 4 of her lady friends, and 12 dirty old men. All the ladies were from 5 to 9 inches deep, Ms. Lola said they liked it deep. Now I understand what she meant ;D. The old men were in their late 30's to mid 50's. I wish the 4 ladies would give the old men a bath, man are they ever grubby, they look like they drank too much green beer on St. Paddy's day :o. Have a look and tell me what ya think........NGE

Attachments

• four ladies.jpg
    four ladies.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 879
  • four ladies and hair barrette.jpg
    four ladies and hair barrette.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 882
  • 1923 s.jpg
    1923 s.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 890
  • 1929 p.jpg
    1929 p.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 883
  • 1936 p.jpg
    1936 p.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 878
  • 1944 p.jpg
    1944 p.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 869
Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to nitpick, but I see lots of people confuse Mercury as being female. Mercury is male figure.

So you found 12 dirty men and 4 men that had a bath. :)

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Not to nitpick, but I see lots of people confuse Mercury as being female. Mercury is male figure.

I don't think so... :icon_scratch:

Although most commonly referred to as the Mercury dime, the coin does not depict the Roman messenger god. The obverse figure is a depiction of the mythological goddess Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap, a classic symbol of liberty and freedom, with its wings intended to symbolize freedom of thought. Adolph A. Weinman, designer of the Mercury Dime, (who had studied under Augustus Saint-Gaudens) won a 1915 competition against two other artists for the design job, and is thought to have modeled his version of Liberty on Elsie Kachel Stevens, wife of noted poet Wallace Stevens.

Nice finds, NGE!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You're killing it this year!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks all, and I always thought it was Ms. Liberty /wings. I'd sure like to see her drumsticks and breasts ;D. Well we did briefly in 1916 - 1917. ::).....NGE

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
nice pluckin..looks like a good park i'll be down soon lol

S

seger98

Captn_SE said:

I don't think so... :icon_scratch:

Although most commonly referred to as the Mercury dime, the coin does not depict the Roman messenger god. The obverse figure is a depiction of the mythological goddess Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap, a classic symbol of liberty and freedom, with its wings intended to symbolize freedom of thought. Adolph A. Weinman, designer of the Mercury Dime, (who had studied under Augustus Saint-Gaudens) won a 1915 competition against two other artists for the design job, and is thought to have modeled his version of Liberty on Elsie Kachel Stevens, wife of noted poet Wallace Stevens.

Nice finds, NGE!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You're killing it this year!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

You are correct about that Dan! Way to go NGE on the silver ladies & the jury of 12!

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! NGE your on a silver roll! keep it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for all the Kudo's all. I owe it all to my new Pro coil. I have beat this area with my Fisher 1266-X with hothead coil, My Mynelab with factory 10.5 coil, others have beat it with many other brands and models, I went there last year, same conditions, with the old coil, and couldn't pull anymore cents or silver out of there. Of course the factory 10.5 was never really any good for hunting in the trash. the trash I am talking about are beer caps with the lead foil on cork liners, think of Stroh's long necks. I have found pennies inside of caps just because that's how they ended up together in the ground. A little more info about this site, There was a wading pool within 100 feet of this area, and it is along the Middle Rouge river. I can just see mom and dad watching their little ones in the pool while relaxing in the shade with a few cold ones. The pool was closed due to safety and liability problems back in the 60's. Instead of removing the pool, they filled it in and took out the pump house. Can't hunt over the pool area because of the rebar.........NGE

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. Love those mercs! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
NGE