4 old pocket watch& old compass

aarremaanalla

Feb 12, 2006
4 old pocket watch& old compass

My parents did get a inheritance and it did contain an old house. These were found in that house. Does these old Elgins have any value? And then there was this old compass, I like it, very cool ald oldie looking.

It have started to snow here in Finland. Really cold too, so I think my metal detecting is done to this year. Must try to get out next week and do last hunt. Still, I hate winter :)

Attachments

• Elgins.jpg
    Elgins.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 466
  • Compass.jpg
    Compass.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 469
Upvote 0

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Re: 4 old pocket watch& old compass

Hi aare, those are nice finds and all look to be in great condition. Elgin pocketwatches are pretty well sought after, especially in the UK. The compass should be as well. It's worth getting them appraised for insuraning them even if you don't want to sell them.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Very Nice finds and I especially like that old compass. Make sure you look that old house over very well and detect the property! Thanks for the great pics!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Neat finds. check the walls for hidden objects.

Burdie

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aarre,

Nice Elgin watches. I would check all around the house, inside and out, may be more "hidden" treasures.

;) RR

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice old watches.........! Thanks for sharing them.......... :)

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I consider my best find an 1800 elgin watch made of 22k gold and still worked. My grandfather collected watches so I gave it to him as a christmas gift. He passed away about 10 years ago and when my mother asked if I wanted anything I asked for it back. My drug dealer cousin stole it and pawn it so I never got it. My grandfather said it was the nicest watch have owned and said it was between 3 and 5 thousand $.

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland

johnbr19792003 said:
I consider my best find an 1800 elgin watch made of 22k gold and still worked. My grandfather collected watches so I gave it to him as a christmas gift. He passed away about 10 years ago and when my mother asked if I wanted anything I asked for it back. My drug dealer cousin stole it and pawn it so I never got it. My grandfather said it was the nicest watch have owned and said it was between 3 and 5 thousand $.

Wow. What a shitty way to loose something with such sentimental value. That sucks.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

johnbr19792003 said:
should have bashed his head in with a shovel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread