Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
After the kids were packed off to school, I whent back to the bluff area that over looks the Red up here. This time I braught with me a sodd shovel and Edger. after scanning the area near a large American Elm Tree and pulling out the trash, I removed about a 6 ft square section of wild grass and weed , ect. It payed Off!! I recieved soft Target signal's in about a 1 ft sq. Area and pulled these Upper Canada Bank Tokens and 1 Lower Canada token! I cleaned them with a light acid salution and used oil as a stablizer. Geuss where I am off tomorrow ! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0042_2.jpg
    IMG_0042_2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0042_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0042_1_1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0040_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0040_1_1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_0041_2.jpg
    IMG_0041_2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are in great condition...nothing like the copper we pull out of the ground here.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and very nice condition! Good luck on your next trip. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Romeo! The area has not bin used a agrecultural area and that means no chemicals that leech down and attack the copper, I know what you mean about the coppers in the east as I dug a few and cant even I.D them. The addvent of chemical and other fertilizers has destroyed lots of coppers and even 5 cent pieces here. Thats why I hunt now in non agricultural areas

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy said:
Thanks Romeo! The area has not bin used a agrecultural area and that means no chemicals that leech down and attack the copper, I know what you mean about the coppers in the east as I dug a few and cant even I.D them. The addvent of chemical and other fertilizers has destroyed lots of coppers and even 5 cent pieces here. Thats why I hunt now in non agricultural areas

Good thinking...

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
That UNE SOUS Lower Canada B Tonken is very flat and very, very little left of the rased lettering, lots of rubbing so I can get a good pic of it and if I rubbed any more I would of lost the lettering :'(

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are some really nice finds hardy.

I'm sure your gonna find some more cool stuff in that area.

HH Jer

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Great finds Hardy. Congratulations. Certainly look to be in great condition. I have never seen one of those before, or atleast if I did it must not have been in that condition.

Rev

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy! :o Shoot...guess while I'm in NY, I may as well go on to Manitoba! :D Geeze, what some finds! Congrats and good luck on your return too! :)

Nana

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
hardy, what, EXACTLY did you use to clean those coins, they look really good, and I have some copper that is in desperate need of help. If you don't mind I would appreciate the info.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find's Hardy.....Glad to see you're thinkin' about this place....sound's like we've got some more post comin'....Good luck in the future!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds, Hardy. Looks like you are doing a great job with all your finds.

;) RR

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
In regards to what I use to clean those coins, I use MURIATIC ACID that is used for cleaning,etching and DE-scaling. 1st step is to clean all debris off your coins #2 use 1 or 2 parts to 10 parts of water. #3 have a 2nd vessal of water ready for dunking. #4 Have a vessal of olive oil ready for dunking. #5 goggles and rubber gloves.#6 scrap coins to practice with. Now put on your goggle and gloves, ADD Acid to Luke warm water, also use a mask!!!!, get all vessals lined up in a row and practice dunking the old coins in the h2o and acid solution for a few seconds "I count to 10" then submerge the coins in the vessal of H2o, while submerged, use a tooth brush and scrub softly.
Remove the coin and see if it looks satisfactory by your judgement. if so, quickly summerge the coin in the oil that you are using as a stabilizer. you may have to repeat steps 1 and 2 a few times until you get the disired affects. Leave a coin too long and you will regret it!! Do this process in a well ventilated Area and for Gods sake, don't have any kids around or pets!! and dispose of your solution when finished!! remember "USE OLD SCRAP COPPER COINS OR SILVER WHEN PRACTISING" Good luck !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread