4" sniper coil

EggHunters

Sep 21, 2007
San Antonio, Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
4" sniper coil

Well, we got our sniper coil yesterday after we got back from a day of hunting. We are going to give it a try today and see if it makes a difference. It will take some getting used to looking at the coil after having the stock coil on there before. I also read somewhere that we should set the sensitivity to the max, don't know for sure, but i guess we'll try some different things just so we know what is the best setting for the coil. Happy Hunting!!!!!

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 4" sniper coil

Had mine about a week now and love it..Just don't want to be hunting a large field with it..Kinda like hunting with a Hardee's Biscuit..lol

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I ordered my Sniper Coil a few days ago, and I hope to have it in time for this coming weekend. Let us know what you think of it

OP
OP
E

EggHunters

Sep 21, 2007
San Antonio, Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

SC i definately agree with you...going from that 6X9 coil to that is a big jump. takes a abit of getting used to. I'll post more later when we get back from hunting to let you know how it went.

R

robert roy

You won't regret the money spent on the coil. I use it as my primary coil. Sometimes I use the standard coil to go back over the area and have found the coins I missed. Usually use the 4.5 in parks right around the bleachers where the soccer teams play and also the parking lots where there is grass. People have this thing about reaching in their pockets for keys and when they get them....Opps....money falls out as well.
Robert Roy

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

For the purpose they are designed for the small 4 - 6"coils are great. They slip thru the heavy trash, are a joy to swing and pinpoint very precisely.
HH
Bill

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My Sniper lives on my Ace, the larger stock coil now lives in a nice bag in the trunk.....If I have a large area to search, well it just takes me awhile longer.....Tom

LOVE MY SNIPER COIL........................

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My Sniper coil arrived yesterday-it's so darn small, I'm thinking it's going to take forever to cover a field with. I'm looking forward to giving it a try this weekend. Do you give up a lot of depth when using it? What are the best areas to search in with the smaller coil?

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a Eclipse Shooter DD, I have not found the need for it much. Maybe once or twice I had a signal or two where it would come in handy. You do lose some depth, but stay in the range where most coins are found with a larger coil. Trashy home sites, demo sites, heavy foot traffic area's of parks. Are some places you can use them.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• shootercoil.jpg
    shootercoil.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 203

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

artemis moon said:
My Sniper coil arrived yesterday-it's so darn small, I'm thinking it's going to take forever to cover a field with. I'm looking forward to giving it a try this weekend. Do you give up a lot of depth when using it? What are the best areas to search in with the smaller coil?

Yes you do give up some depth 1 to 2 inches..(in air testing) tighter pattern also.....Man it is great in trashy areas, it just pulls them coins out of the ground.....SO EASY TO PINPOINT.......So light also.....If it would have just another inch, or 2 it would be perfect....It does take a while to search, but you can get right up to fences, and poles, under tight places....It falses alot less too...Hope ya like it...Tom

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tested out the new Sniper coil this weekend..it's pretty awesome. My hubby and I worked a field in tandem, me going ahead with the standard coil and him following with the Sniper. I noticed that the standard coil does go deeper, but the Sniper pinpoints right on the money ;). We pulled a lot of shallow clad out using this method, which is kind of nice, because I'm finally figuring out how to "pop" coins this way.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like mine better every time I use it...LOL......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread