? 4 Terry Armstrong and others .

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Terry, You are well respected in this Industry and have authored more then one book.
My question is this: If someone knew where an actual X Could be marked on a Treasure Map for a valuable Wreck. And you didn't think you would be able to get back to the site in your life time for various reasons. ie... You have a permit for a wreck that is closer, other wrecks , you don't want to deal with a foreign Government, The Money to go after it, because you are tied up with another Wreck.

Would you try and write a short book giving the location to the many who could possibly profit from getting the money and salvaging the wreck in this economic climate or would you take the time to write a long novel telling the trials and tribulations that actually lead you to this site???

Someone I know would like to write a book under an assumed name and doesn't want to take this information to his/her grave and I was wondering what others would do??? :unhappysmiley:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It is just my thoughts and opinion but I would contact a Salvor Company and pitch it to them for a cut! Of course, this person will need to give some sort of proof without giving out any information as to the wreck's whereabouts. If they can cut a deal where the Salvor Company salvages the valuables and other items from the wreck and they get a fair share from anything that is brought up, given that no interference would be run by the Country of the Ship's origin, it would be a win...win for everyone as long as the wreck contains a substantial load of treasure. If they were to write a book or novel giving little clues here and there to the wreck's whereabouts, this would cause a feeding frenzy per see which could cause the Country in whose' waters the wreck lies, to rule their' waters to be off-limits. Also, the profits of the book or novel would be uncertain, dependant upon good advertising, the number of folks that might be interested in it and how many books actually sell.

Frank

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
It is just my thoughts and opinion but I would contact a Salvor Company and pitch it to them for a cut! Of course, this person will need to give some sort of proof without giving out any information as to the wreck's whereabouts. If they can cut a deal where the Salvor Company salvages the valuables and other items from the wreck and they get a fair share from anything that is brought up, given that no interference would be run by the Country of the Ship's origin, it would be a win...win for everyone as long as the wreck contains a substantial load of treasure. If they were to write a book or novel giving little clues here and there to the wreck's whereabouts, this would cause a feeding frenzy per see which could cause the Country in whose' waters the wreck lies, to rule their' waters to be off-limits. Also, the profits of the book or novel would be uncertain, dependant upon good advertising, the number of folks that might be interested in it and how many books actually sell.

Frank

Frank, Let me go into a little more detail. The Country in question does allow treasure hunting and they do not recognize Spain's Claim to wrecks. The person with the details wants to remain anonymous. His/Her idea of the book is not to create a feeding frenzy, but to give the every day person in this economy the opportunity to chase his or her dreams. If that dream is treasure hunting or money.

As everyone knows dreams are what all treasure hunters hope for, whether they are working in the field or arm chair treasure hunters. Look at Cocos Island. People still talk about it, even if it is off limits by the Country of origin.
It's not hard to prove that treasure is there and many have looked for it. It is even written about by ex pirates that visited the site over 300 years ago and wrote about it in a book.

If a book was written or a video made of the location? All the proceeds would be divided between, The Wounded Warrior Project, a non profit that feeds kids in the USA and a third for the persons children. That is if this project even goes forward and would be worth while. One of the main reasons for doing it? Would be to give an actual treasure location to the Private Individuals that one day would HOPE to find Treasure. :cross:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my 2 cents worth,...........if I were in that situation I would let some "good guys"/ low funded treasurehunters know about it and maybe take a percentage of the finds and give some other
hardluck treasurehunters a nice surprise as well . I would get the enjoyment of seeing them be successful!!!!

chuck.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Who you gonna call? Call Salvor6 and his pirates. We will recover the treasure and split it with you. No questions asked. No stinkin permit needed.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Who you gonna call? Call Salvor6 and his pirates. We will recover the treasure and split it with you. No questions asked. No stinkin permit needed.
Pete & Chuck, If I remember correctly. Aquanut put the original annual Picnic together to try and get Treasure Hunters to work together, instead of against each other.

If you guys can put something together and get enough funding to travel to the location and verify for yourselves that the treasure is there. (I've seen the proof, so I know it is there.) And then secure enough funding for salvage. I would be willing to have the anonymous person give you all the information you need to find it.
The only thing he would want out of it would be 10% to give to the charities that are mentioned in another post. :cross:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Old Man, right now we have the resources to do near-shore survey and recovery. We're working on a long range vessel and the funds necessary to work a remote site but the problem is nobody has any money!

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Old Man, right now we have the resources to do near-shore survey and recovery. We're working on a long range vessel and the funds necessary to work a remote site but the problem is nobody has any money!
Pete, that's why this guy/girl wanted to write a book about the site. Money is hard to come by and he/she was hoping that someone that read the story could put the money together, go after it be successful.

If you and Chuck or anyone else want to try and get the funding to prove it is there, you might be able to find the funding. The anonymous person doesn't want the information to be lost forever if he or she drowns diving for lobsters. Hence the idea of a book or selling a video with easily seen land marks to locate the treasure as well as video evidence that it is there. ( Like someone mentioned. Perhaps a public or private company would go in with you)? :cross:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need no stinkin funding, I've got a canoe and scuba gear. Let someone like me find his dreams!!!!!!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
my 2 cents worth,...........if I were in that situation I would let some "good guys"/ low funded treasurehunters know about it and maybe take a percentage of the finds and give some other
hardluck treasurehunters a nice surprise as well . I would get the enjoyment of seeing them be successful!!!!

chuck.

That is a great idea!

Frank

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Pete, that's why this guy/girl wanted to write a book about the site. Money is hard to come by and he/she was hoping that someone that read the story could put the money together, go after it be successful.

If you and Chuck or anyone else want to try and get the funding to prove it is there, you might be able to find the funding. The anonymous person doesn't want the information to be lost forever if he or she drowns diving for lobsters. Hence the idea of a book or selling a video with easily seen land marks to locate the treasure as well as video evidence that it is there. ( Like someone mentioned. Perhaps a public or private company would go in with you)? :cross:

To answer this and your earlier reply to my post, I emphasize that such a book or video could cause a feeding frenzy by Treasure Seekers. There is a little bit of Treasure Seeker and Adventurer in all of us and a book or video about the wreck could skyrocket in sales and could cause a lot of problems. What if 10, 20, 30 or 40 boats or ships with people seeking the wreck and treasure, all showed up at about the same time??!! This could cause a nightmare for the host Country (in whose' waters the wreck is located) as there will be too much marine traffic in a given area which would be unsafe, many inexperienced folks diving in search of or on the wreck site itself with the possiblity of numerous injuries and/or fatalities, possible conflicts on the surface as well as under water that could also cause numerous injuries and/or fatalities and the nightmare of multiple claims that a boat's or ship's crew was the first to find the wreck. These problems could be more than what the host Country can, would want to or even should deal with and thus could trigger a backlash from the host Country with new Laws and regulations making their' Territorial waters off-limits to any Treasure Seekers. While this person's idea and reasons are noble, I do not believe that they would want something such as this to cause unneeded deaths that would be on their conscious.

As seeker41 recommended, give some fledgling or struggling Salvor Company the chance to come out on top for once without having to compete with and lose to the bigger Salvor companies that have nearly unlimited resources and funding. Such a company would not only be honored to have such a chance, they would be more than happy to give 10% or more of the profits or treasure (whichever be the case) for the opportunity to have a win over the bigger Salvor companies! Once the wreck has been located, the claims and rights to it secured and some of the treasure has been brought to the surface and documented, then this person should release the book or video. The co-release of the book or video and information/news/pictures/documentary about the wreck and finds, should cause the sales of the book or video to skyrocket and thus, this person will have additional funds for donations.

Frank

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To answer this and your earlier reply to my post, I emphasize that such a book or video could cause a feeding frenzy by Treasure Seekers. There is a little bit of Treasure Seeker and Adventurer in all of us and a book or video about the wreck could skyrocket in sales and could cause a lot of problems. What if 10, 20, 30 or 40 boats or ships with people seeking the wreck and treasure, all showed up at about the same time??!! This could cause a nightmare for the host Country (in whose' waters the wreck is located) as there will be too much marine traffic in a given area which would be unsafe, many inexperienced folks diving in search of or on the wreck site itself with the possiblity of numerous injuries and/or fatalities, possible conflicts on the surface as well as under water that could also cause numerous injuries and/or fatalities and the nightmare of multiple claims that a boat's or ship's crew was the first to find the wreck. These problems could be more than what the host Country can, would want to or even should deal with and thus could trigger a backlash from the host Country with new Laws and regulations making their' Territorial waters off-limits to any Treasure Seekers. While this person's idea and reasons are noble, I do not believe that they would want something such as this to cause unneeded deaths that would be on their conscious. As seeker41 recommended, give some fledgling or struggling Salvor Company the chance to come out on top for once without having to compete with and lose to the bigger Salvor companies that have nearly unlimited resources and funding. Such a company would not only be honored to have such a chance, they would be more than happy to give 10% or more of the profits or treasure (whichever be the case) for the opportunity to have a win over the bigger Salvor companies! Once the wreck has been located, the claims and rights to it secured and some of the treasure has been brought to the surface and documented, then this person should release the book or video. The co-release of the book or video and information/news/pictures/documentary about the wreck and finds, should cause the sales of the book or video to skyrocket and thus, this person will have additional funds for donations. Frank
outstanding post Frank

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been contacted by several anonymous persons from tnet telling me about fabulous treasures to be found on wrecks and all they wanted out of it would be 10% to give to charities that they chose.All sounded like a elaborate Nigerian scam to me so i pretty much just blew them off.There are already enough books out there that show x marks the sport for unknown treasures but yet no one ever hears of anyone ever finding anything from what they read in a book.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I have been contacted by several anonymous persons from tnet telling me about fabulous treasures to be found on wrecks and all they wanted out of it would be 10% to give to charities that they chose.All sounded like a elaborate Nigerian scam to me so i pretty much just blew them off.There are already enough books out there that show x marks the sport for unknown treasures but yet no one ever hears of anyone ever finding anything from what they read in a book.

Well Fisheye, To each his own and I am sure you get many Nigerian Scams sent to your email. I on the other hand happen to believe in this one. I, along with 4 other people saw the results of a Polygraph Test that "This" anonymous person demanded that he/she be given on this very X marks the spot Treasure site.

Oh and by the way. This person was telling the truth according to the polygraph. The person did find and uncover silver bars at that location, and said that there were many tons of bars and coins there. This person is also not looking for funding for the site. The person is only trying to ask a question about writing a book. :cross:

Last edited:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this person recovered silver bars and says there are still more there then why doesn't the person go an get the rest of it with the money he/she made off of what was found so far?Too many times i have heard of people finding gold and silvers bars yet they still ask for funding to go and get the rest of it.1 70lb silver bar can be sold for well over 30k right now.Besides a Polygraph is not admissible in court or in real life.They can be beat if you know how they function.

Ed i bet you got this email too:

Hello
Greeting to you. My name is Mr.Michael Jones. I work in a bank in the United Kingdom. I will need your assistance in this business transaction. I would need your assistance in applying for the next of kin to my Late customer, who died of a kidney failure after years of struggling with the disease. He was a wealthy treasure hunter who deposited a huge amount of silver bars in our bank. He died without any registered next of kin as he was a divorcee and had no child. On your confirmation of this message and indicating your interest, I will furnish you with more details. Please endeavor to provide me the following in your reply:

1.Your Full Name:
2.Your Contact Address:
3.Your Profession:
4.Your Age:
5.Your Phone:
I urgently hope to get your response as soon as possible.
Yours Sincerely,

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If this person recovered silver bars and says there are still more there then why doesn't the person go an get the rest of it with the money he/she made off of what was found so far?Too many times i have heard of people finding gold and silvers bars yet they still ask for funding to go and get the rest of it.1 70lb silver bar can be sold for well over 30k right now.Besides a Polygraph is not admissible in court or in real life.They can be beat if you know how they function. Ed i bet you got this email too: Hello Greeting to you. My name is Mr.Michael Jones. I work in a bank in the United Kingdom. I will need your assistance in this business transaction. I would need your assistance in applying for the next of kin to my Late customer, who died of a kidney failure after years of struggling with the disease. He was a wealthy treasure hunter who deposited a huge amount of silver bars in our bank. He died without any registered next of kin as he was a divorcee and had no child. On your confirmation of this message and indicating your interest, I will furnish you with more details. Please endeavor to provide me the following in your reply: 1.Your Full Name: 2.Your Contact Address: 3.Your Profession: 4.Your Age: 5.Your Phone: I urgently hope to get your response as soon as possible. Yours Sincerely,

My Swiss banker buddy was in Swiss intelligence for his national service. They used to play at beating the polygraph for beers" the one who couldn't beat it or the worst looking graph paid.

That may indicate how accurate that part of the thread is..........

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
My Swiss banker buddy was in Swiss intelligence for his national service. They used to play at beating the polygraph for beers" the one who couldn't beat it or the worst looking graph paid.

That may indicate how accurate that part of the thread is..........
Well Sadds. Beat this one. He took me to the location and I SAW ONE OF THE SILVER BARS ON THE BOTTOM and evidence from an electronic survey that there was a massive amount of non ferrous metal all over the area.

The person recovered up the bar as he wanted to do it LEGALLY and did not want to to do it illegally. He never found the funding to go after it and would hate to see the site lost forever. I personally would think it would make a good story. And I hope you will not doubt my Personal Observation. So YES the Polygraph was Truthful. :cross:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well Sadds. Beat this one. He took me to the location and I SAW ONE OF THE SILVER BARS ON THE BOTTOM and evidence from an electronic survey that there was a massive amount of non ferrous metal all over the area. The person recovered up the bar as he wanted to do it LEGALLY and did not want to to do it illegally. He never found the funding to go after it and would hate to see the site lost forever. I personally would think it would make a good story. And I hope you will not doubt my Personal Observation. So YES the Polygraph was Truthful. :cross:
I do not for one second say HIS polygraph was flawed, I simply gave an opinion about whether a person should go down a road because of such a claim, I would take your word based on what I have seen on Tn before any polygraph...... It's just my opinion where polygraphs are concerned, I would assume you wouldn't give me a hard time about that

Last edited:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still cant see why anyone would need funding if you can see silver bars on the bottom in crystal clear water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread