4 words we all hate...and a 1st!

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you a member?

I went out with the intent to buy a box, i knew a bank had...I had bought 2 boxes a week ago..and was told that they had one more.
I was never asked if I was a member...until today...So...needles to say...they didn't give me the box...
No matter.. I went onto dimes...I bought $400 worth of dimes...and I found 4 silver...one of them being my first merc! 1945!
After that I went and bought $100 in halves from another bank...nothing..
So, I dumped all that ...and went back into my own town...bought another $400 in dimes....that produced one silver.
So, 5 silver dimes out of $800...not TO bad...but not killing it either! But I love the hunt..so I'm all ;D
HH all!

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 774
  • mer.JPG
    mer.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 775
Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its good any time we find silver. And thanks for all the kind words its great we can help each other!! :headbang:

Zephr

Oct 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Whenever I get asked the question, I always so I'd rather pay in cash than go through the hassle of filling out a withdrawal slip. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the kind words everyone
I just wish I could get some where to order boxes for me..
I had one lady doing it...even thought she wasn't suppose to...but she quit.. I think next time I'm in that neck of the woods I'll stop in and see if she has any boxes...if not...maybe opening that window again.. lol

Either way no complaints on 5 silver...and my first merc...I've been wanting one! It brought up the whole day! It was the first silver of the day too! lol

And yeah zephr...around here they type in the account number anyway...just to verify.. it kinda sucks! lol
I'll just go back again some time, and hope its not that same person!
HH all!

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great job!! next time if they ask if you are a member tell them you are thinking about opening an acct with them and that youll open a saving acct if they will sell the box.

Zephr

Oct 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That's odd, I've never had to give a teller my account information to exchange cash/coins. I've had ones that wanted an account to order, but not to exchange money.

I hope you can find an new bank that'll feed the addiction! :headbang:

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah...that's how a lot of places here are though. Oh well.
I have a few awesome banks...and some that just deal with me lol

I'm going to go on a little road trip tomorrow and see if I can't get lucky.

motodude

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the issue with giving the bank your name or having an account with them? Is it a concern over being tracked or what?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually keep a small balance in most of the banks around here, I hate wasting my time traveling around to get rejected. $25 in a checking or savings goes a long way!

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score on the dimes, :thumbsup:

HH...Miner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread