40%ers, 90%ers and a Morgan, oh my!

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
40%'ers, 90%'ers and a Morgan, oh my!

I went to a few banks today....One had $620 in halves, so I bought them. I ended up finding 1 1964 and 29 40%'ers. However, It was a stop at another bank that was really awesome. I asked if they had any large sized dollars, and they said they did, and the teller proceeded to take a stack of 10 Eisenhower dollars out of her drawer. She counted them, and as I was watching her count, I see that the last coin was a MORGAN!! This is the first Silver Dollar I have ever gotten at a bank....It was a 1921, but it's still sweet....Here are the pics!

coins2398.jpg

coins2399.jpg

;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Re: 40%'ers, 90%'ers and a Morgan, oh my!

Very nice indeed. I was at a bank today that didn't have any halves and the teller asked me if I also collected Eisenhowers- I said not usually and left. I will go stand in the corner now. HH Mark

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations on the Morgan. That is super

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course

Congrats on a great find. I got an 1883 Morgan asking for big dollars. The tellers exact words, "I have a funny looking one". I'll take it....sight un-seen....LOL

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the Morgan! I had a bank tell me they had $200 in large dollars so I bought $80 to kind of check them out. They were all Ikes so I didn't get anymore. I wonder though............. ???

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

packerbacker said:
Congrats on the Morgan! I had a bank tell me they had $200 in large dollars so I bought $80 to kind of check them out. They were all Ikes so I didn't get anymore. I wonder though............. ???

Buy the other $120. Look for any proof, silver or scarce ('73) Ikes. If you need to, you can always return the rest..........or just spend them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions