43 SILVER Coins in ONE Hunt

done dug it all up

Feb 8, 2009
Cinci--just moved to KY
I organized a group of 10-15 experienced hunters and we are taking a year-long tour of parks in the U.S. where old coins are hiding. We will be flying to these parks as the year goes on and as we have time to hunt. We will be in several parks in most states in the eastern half of the U.S. We may even be in your home town.
Our goal is to recover 2,500 silver coins during that year and at this point now it looks like that will happen. We just got back from our trial trip to Indianapolis where we hunted the best parks. My buddy John did the research on those parks very well and now we have some finds to show. We only stayed one night and then got up and hunted all the next day. One or two people drove in for the hunt. There were only 10 people that could make the first trip but thats ok because we will have more. I told them that it was a trial hunt to see if we could break 2,000 silvers this year. We ended up with 43 silvers between us all. We got a few pieces of jewelry and I got a nice big silver ring. One of my buddies got the oldest silver which was a beat up blackened 1877 CC mintmark seated dime. He might take some baking soda and polish it up. I ended up with the most silvers, 9 silvers, but one of them was a nice condition 1914 D Barber with a case of acne. We got a lot of deep wheat pennies and some indians too mixed in. Not too many nickels because we did not want to waste time digging mid range targets and foil crap. We are going to keep hunting this year. If you have any parks you would like to share, please post youre ideas here in this post. If not then I will trust my friends research. He certainly did good this time. Been a long time since I have seen this many silvers dug in one day. I am sorry for the bad photos. We cleaned finds as fast as possible to take the photos and the guys were in a hurry to head out after the hunt was over. Here are the photos.

Attachments

• caroncity.jpg
    caroncity.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 4,360
  • carsoncity1.jpg
    carsoncity1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 4,364
  • seated.jpg
    seated.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 4,340
  • porousbarber.jpg
    porousbarber.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 4,334
  • slq.jpg
    slq.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4,322
  • slq1.jpg
    slq1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 4,302
  • totals.jpg
    totals.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 4,297
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 43 SILVER Coins in ONE Hunt!

wow! thats teamwork!

HH
-GC

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that was a dream hunt for sure. You all did a fantastic job. I believe you will meet your goal also. Congrats!!!

DANGLANGLEY

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! What were all the machines used?

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
If you do the research, then you don't need anyone telling you where they find silver...nice finds tho!! Congrats!

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Dude, that's more silver than I have found in 2 years of detecting.
I thought park hunting was for the birds...guess I'm wrong.
Good luck on your goal of 2500 silvers, you only have about 24 weeks left in this year.
Where are you headed next?Need any help?

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Silver Pirates!! :icon_pirat: Coming to a park near you!! (cue music) :wink: Good luck with your future hunts.

HH,
Moon

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds !

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I'll be there to take pictures for you here in Richmond!

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
Done dug it all up, so you are hunting with 10 - 15 or 20 other people from different states...and you all are flying to meet at parks in other states across the country. That's quite an expensive trip, especially when you factor in your collective food costs, car rentals, hotels and laundromats. You must really be cleaning the states out of silver! Are you their designated speaker/leader? Why haven't any of them posted on here? Aren't any of them members? Why do you have all their finds? Don't any of them own computers? Can't they post their own? I'd like to hear some of them share their experiences and show their own finds. It's great that you can afford to do all this...on a military pension, you say? That is incredible.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool deal !.......looks like alot was lost from this thread.......was just getting interesting to. :wink: If y'all are ever in the Coperstown- Oneonta NY area shoot me a pm....I'm always up for a hunt and new friends. :thumbsup:

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Wow, congrats on the silver, it sounds like a lot of fun and work. Theres no more silver in New Jersey, it's all hunted out :dontknow:. Good luck to you and the group on all your journeys !

TommNJ

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
I see this post got cleaned up a little. :D

Don't know why my post was deleted, but I'm glad some were.

I'll say it again. Wow...what a hunt. :o

Let me know if you get down to Bama. :thumbsup:

Randy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gibsondan said:
Done dug it all up, so you are hunting with 10 - 15 or 20 other people from different states...and you all are flying to meet at parks in other states across the country. That's quite an expensive trip, especially when you factor in your collective food costs, car rentals, hotels and laundromats. You must really be cleaning the states out of silver! Are you their designated speaker/leader? Why haven't any of them posted on here? Aren't any of them members? Why do you have all their finds? Don't any of them own computers? Can't they post their own? I'd like to hear some of them share their experiences and show their own finds. It's great that you can afford to do all this...on a military pension, you say? That is incredible.

I had an email exchange with done dugit, and from what I understand some of his hunting buddies are members on Tnet. I asked him who they were, and he said that they did not wish to be identified after the types of replies this post and the other one received. :dontknow:

Always interesting around here...

-Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread