45 records.. I hit a small jackpot

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Today I went to a yardsale at a firehouse to support the library.. a guy there had around 30 7" records... I asked him how much he wanted.. he said 15.00 i said 10.00 he kept at 15.00 but when it was all said an done I got them for 12.00.. I normally never buy 7" records as most of them are pretty much worthless on the resell end of it.. The ones I bought today over half are radio station promos an it's bands like THE ROLLING STONES, JIMI HENDRIX, THE DOORS an a few Soul records like the spinners, roberta flack the commodores.. I only price a few an 3 out of the 7 are 30.00 each.. some aren't even in my 45 price guide from 2007...

Forgot to mention I picked up a fake cameo necklace.broochie.. weird thing is the necklace chain is gold in color but is marked sterl on tag plate..I am assumimg it is sterling underneath the gold plate but there is no karat marking

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score :thumbsup:. I haven't found any 45's lately but I did find some nice lp's for very cheap prices at a few garage sales this past weekend, from 6 for $1.00 at 1 sale to .25 at another and up to $1.00 a piece at another. I 've got 2 that will sell for more than double than I paid for all of them together. They are German releases from an English band called "Greenslade", both are sealed in original wrappers. Never heard of the group but they were old and still new so I threw them in. They say records are making a comeback in the collector market.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I just learned something new

I didn't know there is a market for them, I can kick myself cause I passed on a large collection
this weekend at an estate sale.

They were ending the sale and were offering a box of them for a buck. :(

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Jeep said:

I didn't know there is a market for them, I can kick myself cause I passed on a large collection

Most Vinyl records are junk, You have to have a lil bit of knowledge to what is what or you will more then likely get yourazz burnt....

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
Jeep said:

Most Vinyl records are junk, You have to have a lil bit of knowledge to what is what or you will more then likely get yourazz burnt....

:icon_thumright: time to do some research

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
Jeep said:

This is true. If your gonna buy, buy what you like and only buy in excellent condition. I only buy them if I plan on listening to them for the most part. Unless they are sealed or in pristine condition, then I may take a chance and buy something i'm not familiar with, especially if it has some killer graphics like the Greenslade albums do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread