Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went looking for a new dig site Saturday on some property I have permission for and found a bunch of brokes a fire popped knife and some good palm size pieces of pottery. So I am getting close. I also found a dropped civil war 3 ringer. This knife was about the best find. Set it up in a light box and got a picture for you guys. See what you think?

_3136.jpeg

Also got some good driftwood that had washed up into the field. Brought the chert rocks back off the site to figure out the material. Hopefully some better stuff will come when I have time to get back. I know how to tackle it now. Thanks for looking.

100_4333.JPG

Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
TN, I know you know about shelter digs. The pics here prove it. The shelter I've been working on is not doing much for me. My last trip to it, I noticed I have some help. They are digging right up on the shelter wall, and have a hole about 4 foot deep and about 4 foot around. I do not think they have a clue about digging. Do you dig shelters that you know have been dug before?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice looking blade. Does it have a graver tip on it? Also that Chert looks almost like the Jasper I find every once in a while. Nice color.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey Richard, love the Tiger stripe on the knife. That is BAD to the bone, and probably was. lol Great looking burl of some type. I really like drift wood and other natural pieces. It's all good.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rock. N.C this is an open air village site. I was looking for their trash pit and found it. On shelters though many times the stuff is outside and out front of the shelter. Depends a lot upon what type of shelter is was too. Go back and check out member tree frog and his shelter dig. He got over 300 points outside the shelter last I talked with him. But yes I have dug shelters that have been hit before. It is rare anyone gets everything .
I was just proud of the new way to take pictures and wanted to post something haha :tongue3:

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
hey nice pretty blade richard
you know that driftwood is cool......every piece different and beautiful in its own way

larson1951

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how do you know when you have found the trash pit?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread