5.75" coil questions ?????

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
5.75" coil questions ?????

Hello all,

Stupid question here. I have what I have been told by the seller is a 5.75" concentric coil for my Tejon - however it is totally black with no stickers graphics or markings at all.

I just saw someone else with the same coil but instead of being blank black, it said "concentric" accross the top with a Tesoro logo. Is there a difference between the all black one and the one with the graphics on it? ( or is this just a design thing or maybe mine is older) (if it's older, is the new one an upgrade?)

By the way it works I'm pretty sure its a concentric.

Ian

srd1941

Greenie
Jan 3, 2007
Central WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Re: 5.75" coil questions ?????

Ian
I have two 5 3/4 concentric coils. One is black with all the graphics and is for my Vaquero, the other is white,is a Umax coil and is totally plain. I don't know why one has graphics and the other doesn't, I would think Tesoro would want their name on all the equipment they sell.
Stan

OP
OP
S

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.

okay, at least im not the only one with a blank coil. made me think maybe it was a counterfeit or maybe an old one.

ian

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN

I have new one I bought this summer that has the graphics but I noticed that the pic for the 5.75 they still have on the Tesoro website under coils is plain black.

findit

Jul 1, 2007

i have the same, called tesoro and they said the newer ones have different markings than the older. call them and give them the serial number and they will tell you what it is.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

When the 5.75" first came out for the H.O.T. tech detectors last year, all they had was the concentric and they were black. When they came out with the new widescan, thats when they labled them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions