5 Excelorater and sizing

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
5' Excelorater and sizing

I bought the 5' DD Excel coil for my GTI 2500 and I really like it. It seems to get really good depth for its size. My question is. In the Classifieds forum a guy is selling his 2500. He says he is selling the same coil that I just bought but he implies that it has imaging capability's. I wasn't aware that it did. In fact I thought for sure it didn't. When I use mine it only once ever gave me the size of an object and I figured that was a fluke cause I couldn't get it to do it again on the same target even. Just wondering if anybody knows something I don't. Thanks.

TG

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Re: 5' Excelorater and sizing

The 5' DD Excel will not image in the GTI Series. There is a disclaimer on the Kellyco ad stating that also. The guy in the ad is either not telling the truth, or he just doesn't know what he is talking about. I had one several years ago, and it quit working after about 5 hunts. I sent it back to the address that was listed on the internet for EXcelerator, only to have it come back stating no such address. I then sent it to Garrett for some destructive testing and have never heard about it since.

OP
OP
Texasgopher

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Re: 5' Excelorater and sizing

John-Edmonton said:
The 5' DD Excel will not image in the GTI Series. There is a disclaimer on the Kellyco ad stating that also. The guy in the ad is either not telling the truth, or he just doesn't know what he is talking about. I had one several years ago, and it quit working after about 5 hunts. I sent it back to the address that was listed on the internet for EXcelerator, only to have it come back stating no such address. I then sent it to Garrett for some destructive testing and have never heard about it since.

Thanks John! That's pretty much what I was thinking. He probably just didn't know. The only thing tha made me even ask was the one fluke I had when it acted like it sized my target. Anyway, can't hurt to ask I always say.

Thanks again.
TG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread