ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Told you last night I would get 5 scrappies :icon_pirat:

:icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: Spent 3.5 hours on my own with my friend 'iced water' :tongue1:

Covered a small (less than 1 acre) game strip that Dad & I did last year with a few Roman Coins & 1 Iron Age Bronze Unit.

As well as the coins, I had a small section (catchplate) of a Roman Fibula, 1/2 a Medieval Buckle, & a Roman Mount of a kind I haven't seen before. It has a Crescent on top & a Celtic feel to it, I like it but needs more research. :thumbsup:

The large Roman Iron Nail is the typical type we find on Roman Sites, it was over 10" deep.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 616
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 607
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 610
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 608
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 5 is the Magic No.

Great finds and ice water is a friend for a lot of us in the states :icon_sunny: :P Have a Great summer and stay cool 8) CMD

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One more of these posts and i will grab my XP and take the next ferry! ;D Well done Cru!
But please take a short look of what i have found. I followed some cropmarks while out with the dogs. Looks like i have a new spot! A villa just for me! :hello2: Sorry for hijacking. :notworthy:

Attachments

• CIMG4536_800_600.JPG
    CIMG4536_800_600.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 545
  • CIMG4615_800_600.JPG
    CIMG4615_800_600.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 556
  • CIMG4617_800_600.JPG
    CIMG4617_800_600.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 553
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Westfront said:
One more of these posts and i will grab my XP and take the next ferry! ;D Well done Cru!
But please take a short look of what i have found. I followed some cropmarks while out with the dogs. Looks like i have a new spot! A villa just for me! :hello2: Sorry for hijacking. :notworthy:

looks promising, I guess its a field you have permission for?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing9:

Are you that deperate to get out :laughing7: I haven't been for three months :-\ Strange Mount, does have a celtic theme :icon_scratch:...I'll stick to the fishing, double figure barbell (target) :icon_thumleft:

SS

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:

Not in the moment :(
I have to go and figure out the owner. But as it is near some fields i can detect i hope to get permission there too.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher said:

Are you that deperate to get out :laughing7: I haven't been for three months :-\ Strange Mount, does have a celtic theme :icon_scratch:...I'll stick to the fishing, double figure barbell (target) :icon_thumleft:

SS
Never desperate, just dedicate or otherwise known as obsessed. :laughing9:

Barbel (a worthy target) & 10lbs is aiming high. I would love to join you on that one, I need to travel at least 1.5 hours for that possibility.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

Barbel (a worthy target) & 10lbs is aiming high. I would love to join you on that one, I need to travel at least 1.5 hours for that possibility.
Well wait till late August or September, I can organise some fields and Guest you on the River, the River is on the land were the Gold Stirrup Ring come from, no probs getting you on :icon_thumleft:

SS

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Westfront said:
CRUSADER said:

Not in the moment :(
I have to go and figure out the owner. But as it is near some fields i can detect i hope to get permission there too.
Remember, you can ask the nearby farmer you already have permission with, 'who owns the land' & use them as a reference when you speak with his neighbour :wink: If your lucky & they are friends, you maybe able to get him to ask for you :icon_thumright:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
Remember, you can ask the nearby farmer you already have permission with, 'who owns the land' & use them as a reference when you speak with his neighbour :wink: If your lucky & they are friends, you maybe able to get him to ask for you :icon_thumright:

That is exact what i want to do. Hopefully these fields are not sold to the commune. Some of them are because of upcoming roadworks in this area.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

Well wait till late August or September, I can organise some fields and Guest you on the River, the River is on the land were the Gold Stirrup Ring come from, no probs getting you on :icon_thumleft:

SS
Sounds good, Shaun7 & I need a holiday this year :wink: :D Although it looks like its going to be another busy year, we still have land we never got on last year & the farmers are keen for us to try. Don't want to let them down :thumbsup:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Looks good mate :icon_thumleft: Not something I would have done in this heat though :P

If SS ever invites me as well I can tell you all about double figure Barbel :laughing7:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steelheadwill said:
CRUSADER said:
UPDATE:

http://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/246308

Turns out it is a Roman Mount circa 100-200AD, mine is slightly nicer (had it not been broken) with an added knobbed projection on the front. :icon_thumright:
Congrats!!
It's just grand when your finds are in better condition than the reference ;D

I think you misread, mines in worse condition but nicer because it has an added embellishment, ie. the extra knob on the front.

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
Cru, it seams that i must move to UK to find some roman relics, i know the roman empire was BIG, but i have a thing for UK its more charming i think :tongue3:
Very nice finds :thumbsup: The land that you did tip me on i might be able to search this year, but for now i must search more on that big hill, tomorrow i hope i strike big :wink:
Take care!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Swed Hunther said:
Cru, it seams that i must move to UK to find some roman relics, i know the roman empire was BIG, but i have a thing for UK its more charming i think :tongue3:
Very nice finds :thumbsup: The land that you did tip me on i might be able to search this year, but for now i must search more on that big hill, tomorrow i hope i strike big :wink:
Take care!

Get in those fields & look for Lead pieces :wink: This is the best indicator of a site (as well as iron nails). :thumbsup:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRUSADER said:
The Swed Hunther said:
Take care!

Get in those fields & look for Lead pieces :wink: This is the best indicator of a site (as well as iron nails). :thumbsup:
Hi mate .... congrats for the Roman Mount! :icon_thumleft:
lead and the iron nails, I found a thousands ... but be careful because even though many lead are useless but some are round and inscriciones or drawings and a few nails are made of bronze .... these two types of findings are very collectible , I also to save the nails .... you never know who might have belonged. ::)
H

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread