5 Silver Day!! Got an SLQ!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

Today marks a very special day for me. With my four wilver coins I found, I surpassed my year end goal for silver coinage. Today's take pushed me over the 500 mark for the year. I was hoping to just get three more wilvers today, but ended up with 4, plus about 13 wheaties, and a cool little wilver pin which says, "Glendale Anglers Club, Fly Rod Tackle". My best wilver today no doubt is the no-date, S mint mark SLQ. It's only the 3rd SLQ I've found this year out of 500 wilvers. The SLQ was down about 8". It was a very tough find, considering the nearby electrical disturbances and high ground mineralization. All I heard was a tiny squeak of a signal. As KirkPA would say, I did "A Double Fist Pump" after finding the coin, followed by #500, which turned out to be a '55 Rosie at about 6" in the hard packed soil.

I'm celebrating tonight!!! I will post my 500 wilvers for everyone to see tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your support and comments on my posts. They are very much appreciated!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_1961 (1550 x 1163).jpg
    IMG_1961 (1550 x 1163).jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_1963 (1550 x 1163).jpg
    IMG_1963 (1550 x 1163).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 788
Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
Re: 4 Silver Day!! Got an SLQ!!

ya done did it !!! congrads to you BIG time !! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Captain SE, you never cease to amaze! This is why I have you at #1 on "The top 25 metal datectorists" on Tnet. You are the USC of metal datecting.

It would be an honor to datect with a person of your caliber.

Dan the man strikes again!

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Thanks Green1, plehbah, sonny60!!!

Kirk, I feel honored to be at the top of your 25 Best on Tnet list!!! It was a lot of digging to pull over 2200 wheats and 500 wilvers out of the ground, not counting all the tricky iron and pesky clad, but I loved every minute of it. That's what keeps me going....the thrill of the hunt!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers to Captn 500!!!
Congrats on a fantastic year.
-MM-

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I'm inspired by this post!

Congratulations on reaching the 500 silver goal (in style with the SLQ), and thanks for helping me find silver with all your great advice!

Great job! :D

Ridley

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Doug!!! How was your sushi?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

ModernMiner said:
Cheers to Captn 500!!!
Congrats on a fantastic year.
-MM-

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks Ridley. I'm real happy a little of my advise has helped you capture those finds we're all looking for.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Ridley said:
I'm inspired by this post!

Congratulations on reaching the 500 silver goal (in style with the SLQ), and thanks for helping me find silver with all your great advice!

Great job! :D

Ridley

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I don't see any stars below the eagle on the back of the SLQ; if true, this would indicate a 17S, Type I. Congrats on an incredible milestone; you deserve your ranking!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Dan! The slq is my favorite silver coin. I can count the number of those I've found over the years on about three fingers. I think I have found more seated dimes than slq's.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
OK Captn send all your silver finds for the rest of the year to me since you met your goal!!! ;D :D :) I can't seem to find anymore right now with the Beast!!

I did go out in the yard today for 5 minutes after cleaning the Beast. Found three pennies and believe it or not I dug them in this order too:

1977 1978 1979, it was pretty weird!

Those are great finds!!! :)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Congratulations Captn on surpassing your goal of 500 silvers.
That's a high bar and you cleared it. AMAZING buddy!!!
I am looking forward to seeing your pile of coins. Thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
I am posting again....this thread shouldn't slip down the list. You scored a big score of 500 wilvers...un-frickin-believable (I would state the other word, but don't want banned :D).

Dan, you could teach us all a few tricks!

You should be thankful for your Asian babe of a girlfriend for allowing you to datect...my babe is taking me to an opera....LMAO.

Kirk

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to bump this one to the top ! " Oh Captain My Captain " Big high five bud . Had a great time hunting with you at the spot today . Now lets see if we can get you to 600 before the years end . I still have a few pocket parks that should hold some silver . Dan is the silver king !....Mike (ratman)

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks Halfdime....I looked real carefully after I cleaned the SLQ, and it does have the three stars below the eagle.

Thanks Bryce, Larry, BDoo, and Gibbsium!! Yes, those SLQs are tough finds. They're a really cool looking coin.

Thanks Mike. It was a pleasure as always hunting with you again today....I hope you can score a few silvers here, and get to that 100 milestone you so desperately want to get to.

Kirk, what can I say. Yes, my Asian babe lets me detect anytime I want to. She's great. But she thinks I should spend more time with her than on the detecting forums at night.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:
Thanks Halfdime....I looked real carefully after I cleaned the SLQ, and it does have the three stars below the eagle.

Thanks Bryce, Larry, BDoo, and Gibbsium!! Yes, those SLQs are tough finds. They're a really cool looking coin.

Thanks Mike. It was a pleasure as always hunting with you again today....I hope you can score a few silvers here, and get to that 100 milestone you so desperately want to get to.

Kirk, what can I say. Yes, my Asian babe lets me detect anytime I want to. She's great. But she thinks I should spend more time with her than on the detecting forums at night.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

You are one lucky dude. Like I stated already, mine is taking me to the opera in a couple weeks. Hmmmm....see, everyone, I do have other interests. :D I will be dressing up in a suit and probably slicking my longer hair with some gel...KirKPA can look professional...at times. LMAO

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o Congrats Dan and congrats again for hitting your mark with such a beauty of a coin! Now its time to reach for that magical 600..... HH Dan

Desertfox

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fabuloso, Dan. :)

I can't wait to see your totals. I might hafta change my hunting strategy and get out of the woods! 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread