5 year Curio cabinet project complete

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Five years ago I bought a curio cabinet for $20 at a auction, that same year I started my metal detecting career in a 1912 railroad logging camp that suffered a fire and burned a row of 14 bunkhouses and four family houses on my folks property. The next five years would be a history lesson on this particular camp and now that I am comfortable that I have found everything I could possibly find its time to put the finds in the cabinet and my lady can stop calling me "Trinkets" from all the treasures needing dusting all the time. Haha image.jpg this cabinet has so much going for it, aside from the old lime green paint and a couple tubes of caulk, it painted up nice. The cabinet is a high end "Habersham" from Georgia, much to my surprise... image.jpg
The finds that made the cabinet... image.jpg
Suspender clips and buttons from all over U.S. image.jpg Coins, tokens, tags, more suspenders, horse bridle rosette... image.jpg Combs, pipes,
image.jpg Watches, glass shirt buttons, Bakelite men's ring image.jpg Prepping to put everything in the cabinet...no room for the prize of the finds...
Winchester model 1894 saddle ring Carbine image.jpg

Also log stamp hammer...
image.jpg

Upvote 28
OP
OP
highnam

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, if the lumberman didn't have the log stamp with him, he didn't get paid. Great ID of the picture with the stamp.

OP
OP
highnam

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also read that if a log showed up at the mill with no stamp, the log would then be auctioned off to the highest bidder...even more reason to not lose your log stamp hammer.

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome cabinet. Loving it. Nice job on the restoration!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread