Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....man did it rain hard early today so the trip with Tony the Tiger was put off till Monday. Did the usual things around the house till the sun briefly appeared around 11am. Out the door like a bluefin tuna after a school of macheral and hit the central park in Halifax....The Commons with the majestic Halifax Armoury standing guard silently in the background.
47b7d800b3127cce866acecfbf1500000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2
Sort of mushy and such but was easy to dig with lots of targets. Was extra careful with my plugs today and carried a drop cloth which doubled as a towel to wipe the muck off myself. Nothing of note found but for the second time in my 34 years at this hobby my coil was attacked. The first time was on Carrigan Island off the French Coast of New Brunswick while hunting with Marco Polo and Happy Harold. Culprit in that case was some sick looking bird while this time it was a pit bull puppy that didn't look none to sweet to this bouy. Even when I held it shoulder high it still wanted a piece of my coil and tried to run up my leg to get it. That was it and be damned you dog lovers I put my foot under it's belly and heisted it a few yards in the air which got me a dirty look from it's tattooed scruffy owner who saw that I wasn't going to back down and grabbed his pup and left with his purple punk hair blowing in the breeze. Must be the lack of sleep making me so nasty and I think subconsciously that the dog was my building super! To halibut I said and headed back to my car and went to Tim's too cool down.

Wasn't finished for the day so I headed to another park that was uninhabited and merrily swung away popping a few more coins and a ton of keys. Nice view from this park which helped this old bouys blood pressure return to normal.
47b7d800b3127cce866aceb03e5a00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Soon had the quota so it was off home to get ready to hit the ballfield. Last night was the first time I pitched this year and we are now 1-5. Yes mister man a one game winning streak. Not in jeopardy tonight as I'm wearing the "blue." Any bouy gets out of line tonight and it will be a quick "Your outta here" for him.

Take for the day was 6 keys and 55 coins @ $3.61
47b7d800b3127cce866aceb9bf6300000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

Great story Leslie! Poor puppy just wanted to play I'm sure.
Nice pile of coin....

Keep safe...

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
great photos there. thanks for sharing.

I believe I would have done the same thing. I love dogs myself but I don't think that breed knows the difference between Play and Kill and it sounds like the owner was pretty irresponsible as well.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Beautiful pictures and great story...pretty country you have up there.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul Les, always enjoy your posts..you sure have a way with words!

Nat

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures and finds, Leslie! Send Nana some of that mushy dirt! :D

Nana ;)