Kit Carson State Park let me down ---

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Yesterday was a bummerhead of a day!!! I worked hard too for 5 hours and only came away with 12 coins. One was a token the other, a 48 wheat. So today I headed north, going to Walsenburg, giving KC a deserved rest. Walsenburg's a small town about 35 miles north of Trinidad, CO. There's an old school there with a fenced in football field. The school district keeps it locked but I happen to know the maintenance men! :) I got there at about 6am and began hunting with the SE. After 4 hours of non-stop swinging I only had 40 or so clad-lincolns, a bullet and junk. So, with my swing arm getting a little tired I switched over to Mr. Cortes. He's easy to walk with. :) In the pics you will notice all the trash. All but the nail and (ONE) pull tab came from Miss SE! Cortes is hot on coins for sure but I didn't find a single nickel with him. I was useing the Notch Wide switch and DISC set at FOIL. The nail and pull tab were located at 9 inches or better!!! Strange, I didn't find one single bit of jewelry or interesting nit-bit except for the obviously fired 9m/m bullet???

Thanks,
GRB

4oq0u1j.jpg

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 Kit Carson Park, Trinidad, CO.

5x6h6e0.jpg

Thursday, June 21, 2007 Walsenburg School

52dpwkp.jpg

Thursday, June 21, 2007 Walsenburg School​

Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

Thats a lot of diggin' GRB! It doesn't look like anyone has been there in a while since all the coins are discolored. Thats a nice collection of aluminum too....

Keep safe and keep diggin'...

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
GRB, I think your pic in the middle should be a contender for "best junk finds" of the year so far... ;D ;)

If you're digging tabs at 9, forget about the oldies. They're out of range.

I know KC let you down, but don't write it off yet. Same thing happened to me at a park nearby. I wrote it off for a while, went back and made some more amazing finds!!!

Go get'em next hunt!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice hunt,hope you find the good ones next time!

OP
OP
Ron B

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello Guys & Gals!
Thank you for responding; commenting on my dt'ing exploits.

Captain!
Don't be talking no trash about Walsenburg trash!
I detest leaving any signal unanswered. :)

GRB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread