Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....well the shift gathering last night was a ton of fun with good food, good company at a great location. Of course Marie drove home as she doesn't partake and I did enough for the two of us.

After making the boss breakfast in bed I was granted three hours to go a digging so I zipped out and zipped Otto down the Bihi towards Halifax and hit a school yard on a day made for swishing not a digging.
47b7d935b3127cceb854f654f1dd00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

This was the same school yard where I found that so called "silver French coin" and I wasn't fooled by this little number that I pulled out with both sides the same. Neat find nevertheless. Shown here after I cleaned it up a bit.
47b7d935b3127cceb854f66370da00000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

It was shortly after this that I felt my heart go down to my gum rubbers as I looked up and noticed that Otto was wounded! That makes twice since we adopted Otto that he has been wounded in his first month . I was fit to be keel hauled. Headed home nursing Otto and not pushing him too hard then explained to Marie, who as best as she can figure that this happened sometime last evening while we were parked on the road with neither of us noticing the wound at that time....I of course had an excuse for not noticing! Thank goodness for brother-in-laws as a friend of Steve is going to doctor Otto back to health for a mere $300. Man I could never damage someone's car and not tell them but I guess this world is full of all kinds.

Take for the day was a key, the coin dewy and 30 coins @$2.53
47b7d935b3127cceb854f66b70d200000026108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
To bad you had to end it short but at least you didn't go back empty handed. We wish "Otto" the best, and may the Bondo hold.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in the name of the ford
the mopar
and the nipon ghost ;D

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Bummer on the bash n run deal, sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, I would trade that for the deal I went through Tuesday on the way home from work
gettin rear ended and spending the evening in hospital.
Mending slowly and depressed to not be out there searchin...
so it could be worse buddy, but it still sucks for ole Otto and you.

Smiles!
Bdoo

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
I enjoy your posts!
Probably they had to much Alexander Kieths a brew that I found delightful while visiting! And I am not a big beer drinker! I have a question "to be keel hauled". Huhhh!
Grandma lived in Kent for some years. A nice place in the summer for sure. And Cape Breton, well let's just keep that our little secret.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions