50 mile roadtrip =53 silvers Updated

bradgny

Dec 6, 2007
cape cod Ma.
Detector(s) used
XLT
Went on a little roadtrip around cape cod yesterday .Hit the first bank and purchased what they had ,400 in hand rolled halves .I could see when they were handing me the bag they were i that there was writing on the rolls .Went out to the car and reached in and grabbed a roll .To my happiness the writing said 1968 -20 .Opened it and that's what it was a full roll of 68s.good start too the day.
figured i would wait to do the rest when i got home .Continued driving stopping at all the banks buying what they had loose and rolled .The tellers in some banks were very helpful going thru their stacks pulling out the pre 71 halves for me ,so i didn't have to buy the rest of them .
After stopping at about 15 banks and spending about 900 dollars it was time to go home and search .out of all the loose i bought there were 13 40% and on top of the full roll of 1968s i was lucky enough to open another full roll of 40% 67s -69s
So for the day i ended up with 53 40%s .They are all rolled back up and ready for a dump .Heading out soon to head in the other direction and do it all over again .
I don't save them so I'm offering them to tnettrs first and then ebay bound .I'm not sure what they are worth so if someone here wants to buy the lot let me know and make an offer .
***** Went out again today and made my dump at a bank .started talking with the manager about crh and she was very understanding about getting my dumps .she said bring in all you want .Her and the head teller talked to me for about 20 minutes about the hobby .she told me there was a few people doing it thru her bank at times but none doing it alot.the head teller went to the vault and checked a few trays of cons and all the tellers racks for some silver for me .she found 3 silver quarters 6 silver dimes and 2 40% halves .She told me to leave my number and she would contact me when silver and or halves came in .She said with the economy the way it was a lot of elderly people are coming i with rolls of coins and she was betting on some or most being of the silver category.That made my day .I did manage 20 more 40%s out of the 4 rolls. But there were ten rolls from their supplier left in the till .I bought those as well .Got home and every roll was 2007 Ps or ds ,loooks like they never been touched very pretty coins .I know that some people do save them ,so I'm not sure what to do .I hate to dump so many new shiny coins back .Dilemma .... I got there so it looks promising to keep in touch .When they call me I will have to bring some donuts or cookies when I go .

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Re: 50 mile roadtrip =53 silvers

Nice finds, someone here might buy them from you!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Sounds like a fun trip. I would be weary of the tellers pulling out the silver for you. They are liable to give you some and leave the some good ones in there. Just my thoughts.

-Golden Silver

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like a good trip to me. Congrats. :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bradgny said:
I dont save them so im offering them to tnettrs first and then ebay bound .Im not sure what they are worth so if someone here wants to buy the lot let me know and make an offer .

Well since your not saving them, I will only offer $1 per coin. We both can win on something you just do to pass the time.

OP
OP
bradgny

bradgny

Dec 6, 2007
cape cod Ma.
Detector(s) used
XLT
Thanks all ,Could be I have found something to pass the time this winter .Its not as much fun as Mding but its close

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
congrats on the great road trip. I'm like you, i'm doing this until I can get back to MD'ing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions