Digginman

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Monty said:
Worth? Don't worry about worth. The thrill of finding a gold coin is invaluable. If it were me I would never think about selling it. It would become part of what I am and would be passed along to one of my kids. Monty

You've read my mind, Monty.

DM

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Monty said:
Worth? Don't worry about worth. The thrill of finding a gold coin is invaluable. If it were me I would never think about selling it. It would become part of what I am and would be passed along to one of my kids. Monty

It would be tough for me not to sell it. I do prefer to keep the coins because that is what my grandpa did. He used to have books and books full of mercs. But i could buy books full of mercs with one of those babys. I don't think I would want just one of those things. I would want a collection of them and how often does one find one of those? Sounds like a once in a lifetime thing to me.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
beep -trash, beep-trash,beep-trash, + 9996 more times then beep-treasure then back to beep-trash again---hard to cut loose those one in 10,000 beeps ;D Ivan

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
WOW.... Someday I hope to be there with you... I am not sure what I will do when I dig my first gold coin.. I still get excitted over a wheat.. and silver seems harder and harder to find... WTG... The Holy Grail...

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm digging more pulltabs/nickle signals this year in search of my first buffalo (one of my goals for 2007) but I will take one of those instead.

Congrats

NJ

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Awesome Diggerman!!! Congrats, she is a beauty.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Burdie said:
OH MY GOD!!!!! I would be laying there dead but a smile on my face if I found that. Congrats what great feeling that must be.
Burdie

Roger that. But the mortician would have a hard time wiping the smile off my face.

Very nice. $250 or thereabouts Skrimpy (if that's an "s" mintmark I see.) Don't say "dug" or the price drops 30% regardless of condition. ::)

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
YES YES YES YES!!!!!! I did the same thing on March 17 (St. Patrick's Day) of this year in Dorena Oregon! I was poking around in a field where I was told an old homestead once sat and I got a +50 signal on my XLT ~ I started digging and out popped a 1868 $10 gold coin!! WHAT A RUSH!!!

That is so cool man! CONGRAT'S!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fd, I'm so hooked I even get excited when I am only finding clad! But every once in a while I will get tired of digging pennies and discriminate them out. It's all good to me. Monty

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Boy, I've never found a gold coin. But, I take soltice from the fact that 99% of us never do or will! I'm proud to know you did and have chosen to share the pic with us! Great job and may you find ten thousand more!

GRB

phantomx6

Greenie
Feb 16, 2006
Kansas City, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett GTA 500, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher CZ3D, Minelab Explorer SE, White DFX
Can there ever be a bigger thrill than that? You've found what most of us will only dream about -- congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread