50 or so nickel signals....then...

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Wow DM!! Don't know how I missed this post,probably cause your subject line didn't indicate what you found,just a question mark.Anyway,HOOOOLY!!!That is one awesome coin!!! Glad I could join you in the club!!I always figured someone in my group would find a gold piece but for some reason I always envisioned a five dollar piece and you got one!! I always envisioned an indian head but yours is even better!!! Anyway I told you I'd find this,and a big bravo to you!!! Bootstrap

george77

Greenie
May 31, 2007
Harrisburg, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
That is freakin' awesome!

I think it's interesting how this hobby can be quite relaxing. I mean, for me, I can feel my blood pressure dropping as I sweep the coil back and forth. And the type of exercise is the sort of kind we humans were meant for, squatting, stooping, digging, swinging sticks. But I'd have to say a find like this would send my blood pressure and heart rate soaring. :o

So, aside from the screaming, did you feel some serious adrenaline or what?

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
So that was you I heard screaming all the way out here in San Diego, Ca. I couldn't tell if it was agony or ecstasy. I would have screamed too as soon as I woke up from passing out with a find like that. LOL. Congrats and HH. Ted

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
nothing like a golden coin,well done

R

RUDY2003

Ain't that what it's all about? GOLD!!!!!!! Very Nice....
Keep safe

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome find. I wish I could find my first gold coin. I'm still looking.

alkoz

Dec 31, 2006
Lansdowne, Pa
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is a GREAT find.My best find from November is a dateless buffalo.That is a LOT better than my finds.Great job.

OP
OP
Digginman

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
GoldenRoyBoy said:
Masterful and delightful! Seek and you found for sure! I'm yet to find a gold coin but I will --- I willllllllll ---

GRB

I hope you do. I hope everyone does!!!!

DM

coinseeker

Apr 26, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
dfx
Digginman said:
I was hunting at the 47 acres this afternoon. I was behind the hunting cabin. I dug about the 50th signal for a pull tab/nickle, and up came an 1879 $5.00 Gold Piece!!!! I was freaking out. I swear that Winchester must have heard me scream "Look what I found". Winchester is about 4 miles away. ;D This place is finally paying off.

This is my bst find ever. I'm really on cloud 9. Wow a real nice find....WTG

DM

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I happen to run across this today. :o What an awesome find, diggerman! Gawd help my neighbors if I EVER find one of those!! :D I don't know why this isn't in best finds, it ought to be! Congrats again. :)

Pepper

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck.......Did I miss this to. Congrats anyway and welcome to the gold coin club!

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
Dig,
Congradulations on a find of a lifetime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread