50th BIG MAC Anniversary Coins Set

d3t3ctr0n

Apr 17, 2013
Texas U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK OK, no I didn't dig them up, but today is the day McDonald's is releasing the 50th Anniversary Big Mac Coin. There are 5 in the set. If you buy a Big Mac, they will give you a coin if you ask the Cashier. Here are the Coins being released today:

1968-1978
1978-1988
1988-1998
1998-2008
2008-2018

Look at it this way, in a way its a Treasure Hunt or Coin Hunt. Want a Coin, buy a Big Mac or in my case beg a friend for their Coin. I already got all 5 Coins. Only 6 Million are being distributed worldwide in 50 countries, so consider that's really no that many coins available. On eBay they are asking a fortune for just 1 Coin let alone the entire set. In any case, if you interested good hunting and good luck. They will have collectable value down the road that I am sure.

Upvote 4

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talked to one of the Mcd's managers last night. He said he's only given away 35 of the coins out of the 225 they sent him. He also said that no one has redeemed one for a free Big Mac! Everyone is hoarding them, thinking they'll be worth a fortune one day. Don't bet on that happening...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the thing about collecting ya never know whats going to be valuable down the road there is always someone who will pay big bucks for stuff thats jjunk in my eyes the coins we all dig are enviornmentally damaged and graded that way which sucks yet we put alot of value on them to each his own doesnt cost alot to save these and hope some day some will pay more for em then i did will see i save all my coins hoping they will go up in value some day

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i sold 3 of the 1998 to 2oo8 coins for 44 dollars each bot a fortune but not bad happy hunting and happy meal lol

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn’t realize they were only selling them for 1 day - went in on the 3rd and they were gone.
That’s why they are $elling for big buck$.

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn’t realize they were only selling them for 1 day - went in on the 3rd and they were gone.
That’s why they are $elling for big buck$.

Try different stores. I got all five by going to two different stores, and they didn't limit me to one per visit. I did have to buy multiple sandwiches, but I gave the extra burgers to the employees - who actually wanted them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread