55 Gallon Fluid Bed Highbanker

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike,

I just looked at my drums and your right I think the differences make the bottom better for the fluid bed.

Thanks again,
John

Aquatek

Nov 20, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431317629.089579.jpg
And so it begins ;)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Trust me on this, ditch those tiny wheels and put larger 14" bike tires on.
You wont get far on any trail with those little wheels.

Action

Oct 6, 2011
Valley Springs, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wanting to try 1 of these. I have a 5hp b&s with an old Keene p-150-h pump. Anyone else tried this fluid bed? anything else to add?
Thanks
Jack

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
qncrazy,
you also feed it with a dredge nozzle? now I gotta build one

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
any pics of it being used as a dredge?

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya QNCrazy have you got this thing refined down to where your happy with it? If so maybe you could do a post with all the specs and details in it with pictures of all the parts and pressures, angles, etc ? I'm just wondering if all the details have been worked out.
Sure yah don't owe it to anyone, but I figured I'd ask reguardless.

OP
OP
QNCrazy

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Heya QNCrazy have you got this thing refined down to where your happy with it? If so maybe you could do a post with all the specs and details in it with pictures of all the parts and pressures, angles, etc ? I'm just wondering if all the details have been worked out.
Sure yah don't owe it to anyone, but I figured I'd ask reguardless.

I'm very happy with it in its original design. Most of the specs are already here on the first page. A lot of it was guess work, like the hole for the basket. The spacing for the spray bars was guess work too. All the plumbing is 1" with exception of the 2" manifold. As far as pressure are concerned, I'm not sure. I put a pressure gauge on to measure the pressure going into the fluid bed. However the pressure isn't high enough to give me an accurate reading. It kind of a fine tune as you go. I've done some water tests with it with my new pump and so far it looks like it will be a perfect match and eliminate the fine tuning.

As I said I am very happy with it as it is, but these last couple of outings, I've been using my Highbanker and have an appreciation for the inspection mat. With that being said, there are a couple of mods I want to try. First, I was thinking about decreasing the angle and glueing some vrib mat on the deflector plate, that way I can monitor whether I'm still in the gold. Keep in mind, I don't always trust the inspection mat and still do test pans. The second modification would be to place a 1/2" tall piece of plexiglass directly under the last spray bar of the fluid bed. This, hypothetically, would create a little dam and would give me additional reassurance that any gold is not getting by the last spray bar. I hope this is helpful.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
QN, thanks for the video

since I posted the question I did some thinking and Im gonna put a bolt on plate with a pipe inlet and a 45 angle extension to point the material flow toward the classifier plate that I can bolt thru a top tab piece that im gonna leave on the area that was cut off the side overhang.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I finally have all the parts accumulated ( i think) and gonna start building mine tomorrow. im using an open top drum that's about the 30gal diameter but shorter and incorperate a dredge inlet pipe at the top so I can use it with a dredge nozzle. im also making a solid wheeled cart to haul the highbanker to the stream

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions