Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IH, you were right there was some more Silver in my future... are you a damn Sikick (psychic) ?

Anyway to the start of the story, I got to the spot I wanted to hunt, I mentioned a couple of days ago about 10 AM this AM, found a lot of trash, can slaw, and maybe even some cap gun parts. sorry threw those away. After about 90 minutes I got a very decent NS 1/2 Penny 1832 token which lifted my spirits. So I went on to find a few buttons here, and there as well, with much junq. in between, junq not shown.

So I was getting buttons often enough to keep me interested, but as stated in the very short video, there was lots of modern trash on top of the old "stuff". I continued on and got a very decent "ONE STIVER" copper, only found one before, and this one is in much better condition. Then after many light bulb bottoms, and can slaw was I ready to go somewhere else, did I find another good signal, and I can admit, that this is a much greater surprise than the spoon from the other day, a VERY HEAVY CHAIN was pulled from the earth. This is the best Jewlery Find I ever made. I think I may wear it...at least for awhile. (I'm wearing it now)

Hope "the story" not too long for the most of the readers ?

I had a great time, and as of Oct 14 it was pretty warm around here @ about 17 C pretty warm for cold country today.

frame-1640-4.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1642.JPG
    IMG_1642.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 294
  • frame-1639-1.jpg
    frame-1639-1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1645.JPG
    IMG_1645.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Upvote 17

Navy Davey

Sep 3, 2010
What a super hunt Rick That bracelet is a big piece of bling with the coins and buttons it was a well rounded hunt Congrats

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a super hunt Rick That bracelet is a big piece of bling with the coins and buttons it was a well rounded hunt Congrats

Thanks ND, with nearly 2 OZs. in one dig it is the biggest piece of Silver I've dig in 8-9 years.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JFYI... I am pretty sure that is a "Taxco" piece...
In other words...
Worth ALOT more than scrap/silver... definitely worth keeping.
Great dig btw.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JFYI... I am pretty sure that is a "Taxco" piece...
In other words...
Worth ALOT more than scrap/silver... definitely worth keeping.
Great dig btw.

THANKS AARC, I don't know a thing about "taxico" but it is is in good condition, including the clasp, which is a head scratcher as to why it was lost ? But yeah I agree it is a 50 dollar scrap piece, but I would think it's worth a 100 minimum. (or I keep it)
THANKS>

Rick

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick , That is a great find ! As I understand it Taxco is a city in Mexico that is a mecca for silversmiths in Mexico . It got it's start
back in the thirties when a "gringo" named William Spratling started a group of indigenous Mexicans in the fabrication of Silver
jewelry and table silver (domestic Silver ) with a strong design emphasis on Early historic Aztecan and Mayan influence . He
began a series of shops (called Talers ) which were combination workshop/retail outlets to service a rapidly growing tourist
appetite for local hand crafted Silver . Your bracelet appears to be post 1979 - when the hallmark system dropped the Eagle
motif in favor of two initials and two numbers signifying the initials of the maker and the registry index no. (when the artist
registered for his/her hallmark no.) I want to know more about the early coins/tokens you found !

(Rick , I would love to see a nice photo of that bracelet on your wrist - it really deserves to be seen in that context !)

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome hunt man! Congrats on the big silver!!

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick , That is a great find ! As I understand it Taxco is a city in Mexico that is a mecca for silversmiths in Mexico . It got it's start
back in the thirties when a "gringo" named William Spratling started a group of indigenous Mexicans in the fabrication of Silver
jewelry and table silver (domestic Silver ) with a strong design emphasis on Early historic Aztecan and Mayan influence . He
began a series of shops (called Talers ) which were combination workshop/retail outlets to service a rapidly growing tourist
appetite for local hand crafted Silver . Your bracelet appears to be post 1979 - when the hallmark system dropped the Eagle
motif in favor of two initials and two numbers signifying the initials of the maker and the registry index no. (when the artist
registered for his/her hallmark no.) I want to know more about the early coins/tokens you found !

(Rick , I would love to see a nice photo of that bracelet on your wrist - it really deserves to be seen in that context !)

Thanks Argent... I think I will wear it at least for awhile as I said in my post, you never know it may get you out of trouble someday...an emergency 50 bucks at the pawn shop. I still can't believe it's not broke, the clasp is very sturdy.

IMG_1647.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Argentium;I want to know more about the early coins/tokens you found ! (Rick said:
Argent..., The tokens I found are NOT rare, I've found many of the Nova Scotia pieces, there are of course a couple of rare variants. The 1838 trade and Navigation token is from British Guainana (sp) (spell check that) and there have been a few found from around these parts, again not rare, but not common to dig. I'm just happy that it is in better shape than the one I dug before....A better example for the "dug " collection. EH ?

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
58 grams of sterling...I'd take that all day...man ur killing it still!!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See how great that looks on (compared with the pics of it in a heap) - very strong , masculine looking bracelet ! I would
wear that bad boy a lot - like most of the time ! Excellent find .

( Even on a bad day , I wouldn't take less than $100 U.S. Dollars for that beautiful piece !)

Last edited:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I'd be beyond thrilled with those coins, finding stuff that old is so cool.

As for that bracelet, what a great find! I like how the links are chunky and tight to each other. Definitely looks like a quality piece, congrats!!

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See how great that looks on (compared with the pics of it in a heap) - very strong , masculine looking bracelet ! I would
wear that bad boy a lot - like most of the time ! Excellent find .

( Even on a bad day , I wouldn't take less than $100 U.S. Dollars for that beautiful piece !)

Seems I'm used to wearing it already...don't even notice it's there. I will admid there is maybe the smallest amount of damage, the links don't always want to "smooth" out, but they will, and do. Again I am so happy to have found this nice pieec of jewlery.

Thanks everyone.

PS since I'm thinking it might as well say so, you know how everyone always wants a year older, or a grade better, this time my wish is that the Silver was Gold, 14-18 K would do.
In all ahonesty the sterling in that amount of weight it very satisfying. Anytime you break a record you are doing well!

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing you could do to make the links really move nicely- is tumble it ! My preference for tumbling media would be stainless
steel shot - I've tumbled many a heavy handmade silver chain (bracelets and necklaces ) they come out very nicely burnished
and silky smooth . If you want to know more about it just google jewelry finishes , tumbling media , stainless steel etc.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice chunk of silver…would be exciting to get a piece like that looking back at you from it's grave…bale seal, musket balls and old coppers…Great day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread