Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried another park today. Nice day! Not much finds though. :dontknow:

2015 (605).jpg

Notice how far back Blingie & Fishy are? ;)

2015 (606).jpg
2015 (607).jpg

I thought this was just an "S" hook. But, after
looking a little closer, I do believe that is a snake of some sort.

The little spot of rust appears to be a link, like from a chain.
The rest of it is non-magnetic.

See? Even on a day like this, I still found something interesting. LOL

Thanks for peeking!

2015 (30).jpg

Upvote 16

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOOKS LIKE BLINGIE AND FISHY ARE IN DEFENSE MODE . NICE FINDS .

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just clad?! Better than my day...wife had the day off I was on lock down lol great gas rebate today for u though!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, that is definitely an interesting find. Sure looks like " scales " on it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep its a "civil war" era ish "S" type "snake" hook for a sword belt rig

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That snake is cool. It sure does look like a belt hook...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, You are a hot spot, and the rest of that super snake buckle it there! Now YOUR OCD will kick in and YOU will have to go find the missing pieces. Hah! That is so cool, congrats. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, You are a hot spot, and the rest of that super snake buckle it there! Now YOUR OCD will kick in and YOU will have to go find the missing pieces. Hah! That is so cool, congrats. Sub 8-)

Sub, old compadre, I'm a bit ahead of ya on this one. First, I don't have the OCD curse so "I" do not "HAVE TO" anything! ;) And second I really did suspect this one when I found it, even more so after I got it home. But, when I found it and suspected, I took some VERY careful sweeps and then took note of exactly where it came out. I will be back. Even though it is one of those parks I have been to over and over. ;)

Can you imagine how many nay sayers would've come out of the woodwork if I had posted, "Found! Part of a snake buckle" Oh, no, not me! LOL

Ya know, Subby ole pal, sometimes I feel like I should say Wooooopsss!! when I find something old. (Considering where I do most of my hunting.) I think I might should apologize to all those true relic hunters who spend a lifetime to find a snake buckle or any part of one! LOL

Thanks!

Last edited:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sub, old compadre, I'm a bit ahead of ya on this one. First, I don't have the OCD curse so "I" do not "HAVE TO" anything! ;) And second I really did suspect this one when I found it, even more so after I got it home. But, when I found it and suspected, I took some VERY careful sweeps and then took note of exactly where it came out. I will be back. Even though it is one of those parks I have been to over and over. ;)

Can you imagine how many nay sayers would've come out of the woodwork if I had posted, "Found! Part of a snake buckle" Oh, no, not me! LOL

Ya know, Subby ole pal, sometimes I feel like I should say Wooooopsss!! when I find something old. (Considering where I do most of my hunting.) I think I might should apologize to all those true relic hunters who spend a lifetime to find a snake buckle or any part of one! LOL

Thanks!

Whadi, Of course I joke about the OCD, for that would truly be a curse if one was a detectorist and suffered from it. Could you imagine the agony of not being able to find that missing piece, or having to grid, re-grid, diagonally grid, three times on every spot because you HAD to? (heck, I do that anyway!) Here in SW Missouri, the white man's presence, and therefore his metal artifacts/relics, is only a little over 200 years old, half of that on the east coast. So, the relics I fiind are usually about 100 years old, and because every park, school, etc... was built over a farm, usually farm related relics. I cannot imagine hunting on fertile Rev or CW spots, even with my jalopy of an ATPro, finding goodies like your snake buckle! Once in a great while I stumble upon an artifact (like you, when hunting coins and jewelry) and celebrate! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, Of course I joke about the OCD, for that would truly be a curse if one was a detectorist and suffered from it. Could you imagine the agony of not being able to find that missing piece, or having to grid, re-grid, diagonally grid, three times on every spot because you HAD to? (heck, I do that anyway!) Here in SW Missouri, the white man's presence, and therefore his metal artifacts/relics, is only a little over 200 years old, half of that on the east coast. So, the relics I fiind are usually about 100 years old, and because every park, school, etc... was built over a farm, usually farm related relics. I cannot imagine hunting on fertile Rev or CW spots, even with my jalopy of an ATPro, finding goodies like your snake buckle! Once in a great while I stumble upon an artifact (like you, when hunting coins and jewelry) and celebrate! Sub 8-)

Completely understand, Sub.

Just one thing though, when you're feeling even a little jealous of the places that have more recorded history. Think about when the Viking's chief decided to visit some friends in Hannibal Mo. before it was Mo. And, whilst doing so, and riding his steed twixt the towns near you, on his way there, he dropped his half full purse of gold coins. It's still there, just a waiting for ya. ;)

One just NEVER knows. :)

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Completely understand, Sub.

Just one thing though, when you're feeling even a little jealous of the places that have more recorded history. Think about when the Viking's chief decided to visit some friends in Hannibal Mo. before it was Mo. And, whilst doing so, and riding his steed twixt the towns near you, on his way there, he dropped his half full purse of gold coins. It's still there, just a waiting for ya. ;)

One just NEVER knows. :)

By Jove, I think you are right! Eric the Red could have cruised on up the Mississippi River in 1100 AD, after visiting Nova Scotia and the New England states. And with the blessings of Thor, he would have erected a few runes to the gods along the way, sacrificing Celtic and Druid gold staters and/or trading them to the Osage Indians. I do know that French and Spanish coins from the 1700's pop up in my area infrequently. Sub 8-)

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to all of the above posts, your snake turned out to be a pleasant surprise !

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the best kind of snake to find! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread