5x8 on the way

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally ordered my 5x8 coil for the ATP from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies after reading what everyone had to say about it. Can't wait to try it out at one of my favorite spot which is LOADED with iron but still produces some good finds. Anxious to see how much better it separates those targets then the stock coil. Hopefully it will be here this weekend so I can try it out

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ill keep watch on your results cause iam interested in same coil

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here Freddy. I have a shooter coil for my V3i and I would assume this does as good for the AT from the others feedback. Now that you hit the spot good with your stock coil this should be a good test.

metaljunkie

Sep 15, 2013
Thunder Bay
Detector(s) used
Deus with 11" coil
Home made water kit for deus
Garrett at pro with stock coil
5x8 coil
nel hunter coil
Pro pointer
Garrett euro ace
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased the 5x8 when I ordered my at pro. I tried the stock coil for a day, then switched to the 5x8. Balances so much better and still seems to pull good depth. The separation and accuracy is amazing. I rarely use the at's pin point feature now and have not put on the stock coil all summer. Much better for swinging in the water too! So small it has very little drag. Your going to LOVE it! So get excited!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Choice!...I ran the stock coil for 2 years...and noticed a BIG difference with the smaller coil in trashy areas....You wont regret it!

OP
OP
freddy78

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked and it will be delivered tomorrow. Like a kid at Christmas time right now lol. I have used the stock coil at the site I am wanting to try it out at and it's hard to lock onto a good target there is so much iron but i have pulled some good stuff out of there. The best so far is a confederate staff officers button,confederate miniball and around 6 musket balls. Can't wait to see what else I can find with the smaller coil. Will post more about it when I slap it on and take it for a swing

OP
OP
freddy78

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the coil yesterday and took it out for a short hunt. Ground is like concrete from the lack of rain so didn't really get to do to much digging but I can tell I'm going to like the 5x8 better then the stock coil. the weight it takes off the front makes it feel like you can swing for days. Really like how it separates compared to the stock coil as well. It really makes it easier in iron infested ground. Like to give thanks to Bart at Big Boy Hobbies for the great service and speedy delivery. Got it in 2 days and can't wait for some rain so I can really get out and do some digging. Now I see why everyone says they never take it off

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the coil yesterday and took it out for a short hunt. Ground is like concrete from the lack of rain so didn't really get to do to much digging but I can tell I'm going to like the 5x8 better then the stock coil. the weight it takes off the front makes it feel like you can swing for days. Really like how it separates compared to the stock coil as well. It really makes it easier in iron infested ground. Like to give thanks to Bart at Big Boy Hobbies for the great service and speedy delivery. Got it in 2 days and can't wait for some rain so I can really get out and do some digging. Now I see why everyone says they never take it off

Awesome!, Glad to hear you got it. You should hit some of your old spots for the hell of it...I suprised myself doing so...good Luck!

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had great luck with the 5x8. It has better trash separation, good balance, and pinpoints more accurately as well.

I use the 5x8 for almost all of my hunting. (The only time that I use the larger coil is in large clean areas that I'd like to cover more ground in over a shorter period of time.)

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iam wanting the 5x8 as well , had my pro out today first time and did fairly well but noticed it picked up a few different targets at once so they say this coil will help seperate the targets

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
freddy78

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sask Hunter you need to get it. It separates those targets a lot better then the stock coil. I have played around with it in the yard just to check it out and I have to say it's money well spent. When I first opened the box I was surprised how small it actually was compared to my stock coil but I can tell its going to do the job

OP
OP
freddy78

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin-N-Dumps i can't wait to take it out to my olds spots and put it to the test and Hendrix your right about the separation. It's pretty good. You can tell what's what unlike the stock where it picks it all up

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally ordered my 5x8 coil for the ATP from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies after reading what everyone had to say about it. Can't wait to try it out at one of my favorite spot which is LOADED with iron but still produces some good finds. Anxious to see how much better it separates those targets then the stock coil. Hopefully it will be here this weekend so I can try it out

Glad you like it. Most people that put the Garrett 5x8 Pro coil on never take it off! It is THAT good!

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
The 5x8 is the real deal, my ace 250 had the 6 x 9, and it is a magnet for coins! The AT is even better!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread