$6,000... all skunks.

usatc

Nov 28, 2008
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well technically the last $3,000 were all skunks and I'm 1/3 of the way through my current $3,000 worth of halves. I have the feeling these will all go the same way. I don't search rolls too often but my first $3k gave me two rolls of partial silvers and I was hooked, but its been frustrating to go almost a year (3-4 runs) without anything!

I'm going to take the forum's advice and try a new bank - Does anybody know if that will work if I switch banks in the same general area, or do I have to go farther?

My wife thinks I'm crazy (I'm 29) but daggone it I want to find treasure (and I don't have time to purchase a detector until school ends)!

Upvote 0

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
You need to find a bank with a different change supplier... area doesn't matter if they have different suppliers.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
It depends on the area where u live too. Some areas have a ton of searchers and some area have people who work in the coin sorting facilities and mess with the merchandise so to speak.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
You might want to try dimes.. When I'm getting severely skunked.. I try a box of dimes.. although you could get skunked too but generally you'll get one Ag dime per $500 box on average at least that's for me. And when I get skunked on dimes too.. I get a box of pennies.. I've never gotten skunked with pennies. The worst penny box, I ever got was 3 wheats. Usually one would average 5-8 wheats per box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread