Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
While running errands, I picked up some cwr coin in town. Five rolls into the quarters, I scored a nice '56 Washington. Seems like I get silver quarters every time I search them. Fooled by about a dozen Canadian edges, and one east Caribbean.
Dimes gave up two '64 rosies, and two dozen Canadians (which get tossed back), not as good as usual, but two more for the pile. Happy because I broke even on the travel cost!

Upvote 0

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow congrats on the quarter! It seems those are hard to come by.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to go out and buy $10,000 in quarters, just to find one single silver one for my "20th Century Type Set" folder I have been filling with CRH finds (I honestly think it would take that many boxes to find one). It would cost me too much in silver to do it, though, cuz I know I would find way more silver by buying just 1-2 boxes of halves! I think the only way I will get a silver quarter is if I get lucky and find one in a Coinstar reject bin.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baddbluff said:
I want to go out and buy $10,000 in quarters, just to find one single silver one for my "20th Century Type Set" folder I have been filling with CRH finds (I honestly think it would take that many boxes to find one). It would cost me too much in silver to do it, though, cuz I know I would find way more silver by buying just 1-2 boxes of halves! I think the only way I will get a silver quarter is if I get lucky and find one in a Coinstar reject bin.

If you have any td banks with the older style coin machine check all the way up in the pvc pipe. I've found like 7 silver quarters that way so far (in about 2 months)

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
baddbluff said:

I have found 2 silver quarters with-in about a 9 month period working retail. VERY difficult to find.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job, where are you located to be getting all this canadian coinage?
HH
Buff

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ment the pennies I've never got another georgies from coin roll hunting

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been through about $4000 worth in quarters and found one silver one. One the other hand I just found a 58d metal detecting in my GF's backyard. Score!

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been through about $4000 worth in quarters and found one silver one. One the other hand I just found a 58d metal detecting in my GF's backyard. Score!
Yes, and I have found several silver quarters roll hunting, but have dug DOZENS of Washingtons, SLQ's, Barbers, seateds, and old foreigns...just seems a lot easier to dig 'em!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions