Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I got a new bank with a free coin counter, in my own neighborhood - figured I Would cash some coin in, and do a little coin fetching.

First thing is First: Signing up for my account, I buy their teller tray halves $3.00 - 1 90% Ken! - No pic of that one.

Bank 1: Grocery store branch. Buy all their halfs: $130 - Skunktown
Bank2: $2 teller tray skunk
Bank 3: Dump bank +++ my funds. No halfs. Teller says she hunts silver when I ask about 'interesting coins'
bank 4: All the half's they get from their distributor. $110 - 1 40%
bank 5: They tell me about another CRH who buys 2 boxes a week, and they save the coins for him. I tried to get whatever else they had, but declined.
bank 6: No halves, but this was a very asian influenced branch. All employees and clientele. They teller wished me luck in finding that lucky coin. It seemed very genuine, and I liked him a lot.
bank 7: no halves.
bank 8: $20 - skunks
bank 9: $4 in tell tray - 1 40%er - she also takes my number for further coinage.
bank 10: $120 - 2 40%ers! - she taped up a roll, cause it was busting out - I could see the damn silver.
bank 11: $160 - 4 -40%ers! - They almost gave me rolls of dollar coins at first, but I told them those are the wrong rolls. Would have made a pretty penny, but not worth it.
bank 12: $12 -skunky

Wow - seems kinda crazy that I went through all the trouble :) this took almost 3 hours...but included a dump. I dunno, I love it still...

IMG_20120615_120151.jpg

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Not really crazy, I would run around for a few hours to score 7 40% and a 90%, great score!

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best Day in a while - Feels good to top off a Tube of 40%ers that has been partial since the first 2 weeks I started. If I keep this up, I'll surly hit a jackpot someday!

Also, Building the teller relationships I feel will be a good tool.

Plus a couple boxes a week from banks, just to stay in the mix.

PS - dug my first wheatie with my metal dector this week too. (no silver or gold yet) That was at my new/first home I just got the keys for 3 days ago. Built in 1921. The penny is from 1940, in the back yard.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Best Day in a while - Feels good to top off a Tube of 40%ers that has been partial since the first 2 weeks I started. If I keep this up, I'll surly hit a jackpot someday!

Also, Building the teller relationships I feel will be a good tool.

Plus a couple boxes a week from banks, just to stay in the mix.

PS - dug my first wheatie with my metal dector this week too. (no silver or gold yet) That was at my new/first home I just got the keys for 3 days ago. Built in 1921. The penny is from 1940, in the back yard.

Built in 1921, I'll bet you're going to find some nice stuff out there detecting, good luck! My son wants to start detecting, putting away a little money to buy him one.,

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Built in 1921, I'll bet you're going to find some nice stuff out there detecting, good luck! My son wants to start detecting, putting away a little money to buy him one.,

It got remodeled in the 50s, and changed a bit. I need to review the old tax assessor photos a bit better, to see what part of the yard hasn't been moved around. I am hoping to find somthing under the floorboards ( a double eagle stash? maybe :P ) Also, has a chicken coup, almost half an acre, with views of the downtown Seattle from the Yard. Here's to a happy home, with lots of silver in the yard!

Chimacum87

May 27, 2012
From WA now missing Scotland
Detector(s) used
Deus lite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CoinFetcher said:
It got remodeled in the 50s, and changed a bit. I need to review the old tax assessor photos a bit better, to see what part of the yard hasn't been moved around. I am hoping to find somthing under the floorboards ( a double eagle stash? maybe :P ) Also, has a chicken coup, almost half an acre, with views of the downtown Seattle from the Yard. Here's to a happy home, with lots of silver in the yard!

Your te first washingtonian i have seen on the forums. Let me know if you ever want to go do some metal detecting coinfetcher, im just across the water on the peninsula

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think you would have earned money on the dollar coins, she would have just given you 160 dollar coins. Obviously, if you found an error, that's a different story.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she was about to give me 125 dollars ( 5 rolls of 25 one dollar coins) for 50 dollars. She thought they were halves. I could have taken them to a coinstar and made money. but, it would have been stealing, so I don't even want to go there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread