6 banks

davycoppit

Feb 20, 2007
MN
Yesterday I stopped at 6 different banks and got a total of 220 worth of halves. Most banks did not have many at all and a few tellers didn't even bother to look, but I did find one 1980 proof, and one 1967 silver out of them. It wasn't the greatest hall ever, but it was nice to get something. Then today I visited my neighbor at my appt. complex and he had a party last night. I was talking to him when I noticed a dime on the ground that wasn't normal. It turned out to be a 1880 canadian dime, which he said I could have. It is in very rough shape and the dates can hardly be read, but it is probably the oldest coin I have found and is 92.5% silver so that was awsome. good luck to all.

david

Upvote 0

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
You never know where silver will pop up, a year ago I never would bend down to get a coin, but now I find myself picking up cents, nickles etc. I blame it on metal detecting!

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
i pick up coins all the time after i found a 1949D wheat cent. another timr i picked up a 1995 mexican? coin. never know what your going to find!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
:o Wow, You foun an 1880 Canadian dime at your neighbors apartment on the floor! How strange and cool is that! Congrats on the silver and the proof!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread