6 Good 9 Bad

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I have been picking up a box of nickels and a box of dimes every Saturday from a local BOA and this week when I went in the Teller had two taped up boxes. I asked her if they were CWR from different people or did they all come from one person? She said they were mixed and when I opened the nickels they were a lot of different types of wrappers and produced 1 war nickel and 34 pre-60's but the dimes were almost solid one type wrapper, maybe 10 different ones thrown in. After finding nothing and noticing that a lot of the rolls were short and had a Canadian in every other roll I decided to start counting them, I normally dump a roll into a dime tube, look for silver, and then dump them back into the roll. After 15 rolls, I have 6 with 50, 5 short 1, and 4 short 2 plus 2 Canadian dimes in them. I'm going to go in on Monday and show her and ask her if she knows who the little crook is. I will make up the difference so someone else doesn't get shorted from my rolls but I will use this as a good reason why I want to get sealed boxes instead of a whole box of someone else's dumps. Hopefully they can catch the little idiot, who thinks he is a real bank robber, the next time he comes in. Sad to think he might be a CRH'er.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably someone with poor vision. No one robs a bank a dime , or two, at a dime.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
You will find this a lot. I used to get the over and under. I would weigh each roll before dumping because I didn't want them to accuse me of shorting them. I would make up the difference and a lot of times my overages would offset the shortages. In this business, you have to take the good with the bad IMO. Complain too much and you shoot your own foot. Your approach sounds good, just let the know so they can BOLO for the culprit.

Once I had some dime rolls that were way short, obviously short. I couldn't believe the bank accepted them like this and didn't notice and reissued them to me. Some rolls were 1.00 short. I was pissed, but the idiots left 5 silver fdr's in there so I broke even and felt better about it.

Last edited:

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
CoinFetcher said:
Probably someone with poor vision. No one robs a bank a dime , or two, at a dime.

I agree and disagree. I believe both happen on a regular basis. I found too many washers, plastic coins, pennies, etc in dime rolls to believe otherwise. For someone desperate, stealing a dime or two out of each roll adds up and can get them their next 40, pack of smokes, or whatever their fix is.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's not worth going to the bank saying you got shorted a few cents, i am sure Tim gets worse shortages, I personally wouldn't complain.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Having bad vision would result in getting the 4 rolls of nickels that had the 6 dimes in them. No one just looks at 50 dimes, they count them, and if they can't count they are off both ways. I get rolls that are over and under all the time along with all kinds of other things thrown in but when it is 13 to 9 now that is just wrong even for the bank's sake that they are not passing along what they assume to be good rolls. I am sure they will be glad that I let them know about someone doing it, I am sure it is on purpose, as well as using it as a good reason for why I like getting sealed boxes instead.

BuffaloBoy, I could care less what TZ has or hasn't gotten.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
Now as far as the Canadian goes, if they aren't something you want to keep, roll them back up and turn em in. They are fair game IMO...

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
ok minky sorry if i have offended you, just trying to be nice...

BuffaloBoy, no offense was taken. Just a little friendly advice, don't believe everything that you see or read on the internet, some times the real truth will be 180 degrees different.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012

Lol I guess we know where the "Tim is gay" half came from lol. Gotta love family drama.

Last edited by a moderator:

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, this thread took a turn.

A new show now appearing on Bravo - "The real CRHers of New Jersey"

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...minky, this was uncalled for, Tim is a real nice guy, i could care less how tim treats others... as long as he's good to me, that's all that matters... i am not a rude person, but like anything else...

the closest thing i can relate to is gang life... if they don't bother you, who cares. it all comes around... you treat somebody bad, you get it right back...
I know the damage was done, but you should really delete what you said...

sorry tim for starting this, i did not know it would turn like this

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning, personal attacks will not be tolerated.....

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The banks I go to require an account number on the wrappers when you turn in your coins. The tellers are supposed to count the coins to make sure they are correct and can deduct any shortages from your account. I personally don't mind if a few coins are missing because that means that the teller hasn't counted the coins and I have a better chance of finding treasure :)

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
ppl tend to have very strong feelings when it comes to family, close friends, business partners, ex-spouses, etc when a once close relationship goes bad.

Feelings of hurt and betrayal are answered by acts of hurt and betrayal. In most cases, the "ignore" feature is the best answer if available.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions