6 hour hunt, most coins one day so far,

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, nice hunt today, went to a park where i worked for about 3 years for the state, it's a desert oasis, very pretty area ,, i showed up about 6:50 am just after the parked opened i started out with a nice rustic looking quarter asoon as i turned my detector on cool, i seen the beach water level was really low so i started to head for edge of the water and beach, i hunted a huge part of the beach, huge, i pulled all but a few coins, and i was going slow, someone allready hunted the beach no doubt, i did found lots of pulltabs and bottlecaps beacuse i was also searching for jewlery, i end up going up to the grassy area again and started to get coins like crazy , i ended the hunt early as i was getting hungry and also needed a haircut, and was going to go back after i took a short nap, did not happed as i just woke up about 7:45 pm, lol, 6 hours of hiking and swinging the metal detector, bending down a million times, jabbing the screwdriver digging, can really get you tired, i probaly would of had a 200 coin day at the pace i was going but i see that 200 mark can be tough, let alone a 100 coin day, todays results i found 52 pennies, 14 quarters, 11 dimes, 1 nickel, and one canadian cent, 79 coins in 6 hours of swinging, hope you like the pics of the hunt, take care all, Dusty

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 374
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice pics. Is that quarter in the cener silver? You're getting better each day. Keep em coming!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on a great day!! The one quarter does look like its wilver!!

OP
OP
treasureguy

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
hi, i thought the same thing,thinking it to be a silver with it beeing the color, it's that first coin i found, rustic , it may have been in a fire and has a nice patina on it now, a 1993 coin, i did find a 66 dime, and 65 quarter in the river, allways just out of the silver by a year for me, lol,

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
You were close Dusty, and 79 coins is a good clad haul. My advice, on any major clad hunt are........

1) Good night's rest and good breakfast

2) Breaks

3) Concentrate on digging clad. If you let a silver coin distract you into combing an area tight, you could lose time and energy. Same for jewelry. It's going to be hard to combine a silver/jewelry hunt with a 100 or more coin day. Digging that many coins requires full devotion.

4) Pass on deep targets and continue moving. Get all the shallow and easy stuff first. If necessary, go for the harder stuff towards the end.

5) Make sure your equipment and recovery methods are in order. You could lose valuable time by not having an efficient method. Imagine someone who has to bend over carefully because they think their pouch might spill? In a scenario like that, you're losing time. Imagine someone who is digging with a not so efficient tool for the soil they're in? etc. You can shave time and energy by having these things in order.

Congrats on this productive 6 hour hunt and personal best Dusty! ;D

OP
OP
treasureguy

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
hello ricardo from new york, your right, i did not get to sleep until 2:30 am , woke up at 5 something down at the park before 7 am, , did not have a breakfast, resulting in a not so filled energy day, resulting in me being tired, i may try getting some more sleep next time before the hunt instead of after, good day, Dusty

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
Wow !!! Thats a haul for sure.Looks like no one has been hitting that spot.Keep it coming ...God Bless and Happy Hunting Panz

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ricardo_NY1 said:
You were close Dusty, and 79 coins is a good clad haul. My advice, on any major clad hunt are........

1) Good night's rest and good breakfast

2) Breaks

3) Concentrate on digging clad. If you let a silver coin distract you into combing an area tight, you could lose time and energy. Same for jewelry. It's going to be hard to combine a silver/jewelry hunt with a 100 or more coin day. Digging that many coins requires full devotion.

4) Pass on deep targets and continue moving. Get all the shallow and easy stuff first. If necessary, go for the harder stuff towards the end.

5) Make sure your equipment and recovery methods are in order. You could lose valuable time by not having an efficient method. Imagine someone who has to bend over carefully because they think their pouch might spill? In a scenario like that, you're losing time. Imagine someone who is digging with a not so efficient tool for the soil they're in? etc. You can shave time and energy by having these things in order.

Congrats on this productive 6 hour hunt and personal best Dusty! ;D

Great hunt, sounds like the ACE 250 is doing very well for you. I'd like to add another item to Ricardo's list. Get yourself a PROBE. I can't say enough about having a probe to help find those coins or other items you are trying to find in a hole. I use the SunRay probe that attaches to the ACE 250. It works off of the Ace's batteries and is a Great help locating targets. You don't have to buy a SunRay probe, there are many makes out there in detector land. I just like the SunRay probe because it goes so much deeper than some of the other probes.

Good Luck and keep us posted on all your finds.

HH, Ringfidner

OP
OP
treasureguy

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello Ringfinder, your 100% correct on finding a probe, i have passed on quite a few holes that i could not find, screwdriver just won't find everything, some things are just to small and you won't be able to tell what your tapping on, like i noticed the last 4 rings i found i searched and searched, ring is a pretty small target to hit , pretty easy to jab right threw the middle, i have found little fuses down 5 inches in the ground but took quite a long time to find them, this ace can find the smallest things even on low sensitivity, i heard one guy on here saying his ace picked up a pellet from a pellet gun at 6 inches , no way i could find that with my screwdriver, heck i may be passing on a gold nugget the next hole i may be passing by, that probe is on my list to get soon, find way more targets and much faster , take care happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread