6 hours in my yard with Ace 150

mlaw5

Apr 13, 2012
Rochester NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, New to detecting here....have always wanted to pick up the hobby. Due to budget constraints (wife) I went with the Garrett ace 150 till I find gold to buy a better one (hee hee). I am actually happy with the 150, learning how to pinpoint is tricky however possible. I have purchased a cheap handheld detector from harbor freight tools for 15 bucks...really helps out after I dig the plug. Would like to get a ace 250 with pinpointing next. My son and I spent almost six hours in our yard and vegetable garden and found lots of junk and 3 objects that make me very happy! The coin is an 1846 large cent (pretty beat up) . Any ideas on how to clean the skeleton key? I used peroxide on the key plate, however the key seems like it will need more attention. Thanks for looking! Just wanted to share my story so far.

Attachments

• 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 2

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow !! LC on your first time out.. that very impressive. Congrats on all your finds. Save your clad..it adds up in no time and you can get that upgrade !!

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Caesar II prototype, minelab xplorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace 150 is really good detector. I found lots of Roman coins with one i had. Roman coins are hard to find because are deep in ground. Depending on ground type they can be impossible to find. So thats why i suggest ace 150 to beginners. Good detector for good price. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread