6 Rolls of Wheaties Today

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can sell you a couple pounds worth at that rate if you would like.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The local coin dealer in my area sells them for a nickel each.

Like I mentioned earlier in the year about purchasing items......what is it worth to you? We once bought a piece of property next to where we lived because we didn't want anyone living right on top of us so to speak.....we thought it was a little over priced, BUT....it was worth it to us......we bought it.

Good luck.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the mix. If its just common dates it seems a bit high, but if there is truly a mix of some of the older and harder to come by issues (most if not all are pre-1935) it might be okay.

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
It wasnt the best deal, but so what. If you enjoyed looking through them and your son is getting into the hobby, it was worth it. I once bought about $50 of fake coins. I thought they were fake when I bought them, as well as a friend of mine with me said they were fake. I still had a good time looking them up and weighing them and so forth. $50 for 3 hours of entertainment and learning these days is cheap. By the way, any interesting cents in the rolls? Any below 1920 in fair shape or better?

OP
OP
D

dsterry0578

Jan 20, 2007
Thanks to all for the comments. There weren't anything of interest in the rolls. A few in the 1930's & a BUNCH in 1940's, especially 1944 & 1946, but oh well, I had fun looking through them and picking out the ones I needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread