Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
loco oro:

Like others here you use your premise to prove your conclusion. There was no Benghazi coverup. Could things have been different? Sure. Ambassador Stevens could have accepted the additional security he was offered. It was a terrible thing to have happened - I'm sure many people wish things were done differently.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Did you get that quote from the Hilary Transcripts?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I admit openly I have no idea what really happened in benghazi. But since rush and soooo many others know exactly what happened I don't need to.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
onfire:

Working for a private entity.

It's common for people to claim Mr. Obama never had such a job. Just another lie. Just as people ignore the fact that he and his team built from scratch a national, multi-multi-million dollar organization with thousands of employees and tens of thousands of volunteers (much harder to manage then folks getting paid in dollars) that beat the established candidate almost everyone knew would win.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Now lets compare this to Al Capone or Gotti he had nothing to do with this he was and always be a puppet to some unknown master.

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
onfire:

You're too far out there for me.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weren't those two mentioned Community Organizers? In a sense?

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
onfire:

Nope. Although I don't have a problem with anyone working with people, trying to help them better their lot in life.

I believe at the time he was working as a community organizer Mr. Obama was working for a charity funded by the Catholic Church. I don't really have a problem with that. And I certainly don't have a problem with people who register citizens to vote. We need far more participants in our process.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where it all began. " yes we can!"

onfire:

It's common for people to claim Mr. Obama never had such a job. Just another lie. Just as people ignore the fact that he and his team built from scratch a national, multi-multi-million dollar organization with thousands of employees and tens of thousands of volunteers (much harder to manage then folks getting paid in dollars) that beat the established candidate almost everyone knew would win.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo
w

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder if the goof Organized this community?/

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure someone should list the accomplished private sector jobs the O has held. Except for dairy queen? I heard there were many,, but no proof of it yet.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
onfire:

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Acorn is private sector now? You do know your company has been discredited? You are above your depth again.

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Dave44:

While I can't agree with you that ACORN has been discredited, what in the world does that have to do with anything?

You have the attention span of a six-year-old with half a dozen Hershey bars under his belt.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44:

While I can't agree with you that ACORN has been discredited, what in the world does that have to do with anything?

You have the attention span of a six-year-old with half a dozen Hershey bars under his belt.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Lets try to keep you on track. what private sector jobs are you talking about? Do you ever mean what you say? Maybe you could try 1 time.

"Can't agree", That's a good one though!

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Dave44:

Why do you bother asking? Obviously you think you already know the answer.

Of course, you also thought there were no monuments to WWII German soldiers in France...

2.0: Mr. Obama spent some 10 years working for a law firm in Chicago.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

2.0: My previous post was in error when I wrote the organization was funded by the Catholic Church.

From Wikipedia:

The Developing Communities Project (DCP) is a faith-based organization originally comprising eight Catholic parishes in Roseland, West Pullman, and Riverdale on Chicago's South Side. DCP was organized in 1984 as a branch of the Calumet Community Religious Conference (CCRC) in response to lay-offs and plant closings in Southeast Chicago in the 1970s and 1980s. In 1986, DCP was incorporated as a not-for-profit organization under the leadership of its first executive director Barack Obama. It continues to provide literacy, job training and leadership development programs, for which it has received multiple awards, such as the 2007 Chicago Community Organizing Award.

No mention of ACORN. Did you bring that up to attempt to slur Mr. Obama?

Last edited:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
loco oro:

Like others here you use your premise to prove your conclusion. There was no Benghazi coverup. Could things have been different? Sure. Ambassador Stevens could have accepted the additional security he was offered. It was a terrible thing to have happened - I'm sure many people wish things were done differently.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

i suppose your definition of coverup,is that it doesnt exsist unless perpitrated by the (other guys),you say he could taken an offer of added security, what absolute nonsense,i remember emails from the ambass,asking for that very thing ,emails with concern of the situation in libya,so now you try to twist reality ,to what, blame him for his own death, i hear you so often say that ,everyone else is gobbling up false info,but this is proof possitive that you eat this same ****, just comes from different side of the isle.and the only conclusion i try to prove is that,it is unbelievable ,that you find any one else,everyone else,to blame,this is sickening .

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
loco:

Your post is long on rants and accusations and short on facts. I've never written that Ambassador Stevens was responsible for this own death. That's nonsense.

I find it a disgrace that people want to use the deaths of four Americans to score political points at home. I remember the Vandenberg Doctrine - and happen to think that is a good idea.

As for Ambassador Stevens turning down additional security - that's on the record. Perhaps you should do a little more research before you start tossing around baseless accusations.

=====

U.S. envoy Chris Stevens refused offers of more security before the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya in which he was killed, McClatchy Newspapers reported.

Why Stevens turned down the offers was unclear, given embassy officials during an Aug. 15 meeting concluded they could not defend the consulate in Benghazi amid deteriorating conditions in the city, government officials told McClatchy in an article published Tuesday.

In a cable, the embassy outlined the circumstances and said it would detail what it needed in a separate cable.
"In light of the uncertain security environment, US Mission Benghazi will submit specific requests to US Embassy Tripoli for additional physical security upgrades and staffing needs by separate cover," said the cable, which was first reported by Fox News.

Rather than wait for the second cable, however, Army Gen. Carter Ham, then-commander of the U.S. Africa Command, called Stevens and asked if the embassy needed a special security team, the officials said. Stevens told Ham it did not, the government officials said.

During a meeting several weeks later, Ham again asked Stevens if he wanted additional military security and again Stevens said no, the officials told McClatchy.

Official: Amb. Stevens Refused Additional Security | Military.com

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Bookaroo, I appreciate all you do to cast light into the shadows. Keep up the good work, but don't expect those who have invested a good chunk of their lives into a specific perspective and agenda to respond in a positive way to facts that refute their efforts. The propaganda, spin, and misinformation will continue unabated, and its up to people like you and I to offset that with reality.

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
UncleMatt:

Under "Treasure Legends" I started a thread about the pirate Jose Gaspar(illa) and his treasure. W.C.Jameson's latest book has a chapter on that. A while ago I exposed the Lost Dutch Oven Mine hoax (yep - Jameson included that yarn in his book on lost mines and treasures in California).

I'm interested in fact - a surprising amount of the time (thanks to the Internets) the accurate information is out there. Unfortunately, so is an astonishing amount of dis- and mis-information. Much of it peddled for specific reasons - it's often not just an honest mistake.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because there are missiles missing from Libya we shouldn't even put one plane in the air?
We shouldn't send our military into a dangerous situation? These are words from a defense secretary? Sounds more like the words of a butt kisser.
The DCP is funded by tax dollars and is not just in Chicago. It's supposed to improve impoverished neighborhoods etc. but, like most government-backed programs, just dumps dollars into neighborhoods that never improve except paying administrators big bucks for accomplishing nothing. You know, the Jesse Jackson crowd and their cronies. The poor in those neighborhoods "usually" vote democrat. They are STILL poor!

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
packerbacker:

Why don't we let folks form their own opinions about DCP:

Developing Communities Project, Inc.

You toss around assertions, accusations, how you feel about it and - near as I can tell - misinformation.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread