60 years later !!! Where in the world is Chubby,Harry and Jack ? Scoutcamp finds

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just a great place to hunt! I go to my campsite which was an old scoutcamp years ago , and is constantly giving up a number of nice finds each time I go out Detecting . My friend Tim H also has found a number of items. So as the day started Tim and I went to a ridge that we found plenty of stuff on and we started detecting going south of where we where and starting finding wheat pennies, and then finally found a silver dime in a hole with a musket ball what was that. It may have been a more modern mini from a more resent black powder rifle.

So as we continued we came to an area that looked promising, and then wham a big hit and down 2 inches a silver washington quarter and a wheat Pennie in the same hole....Now were talking! Then Tim yelled mercury dime thats good news...More Silver in the area . With Tim and his son and his friend detecting in the area we were trying to help them in finding that piece of silver that we all like to find. But they were having there difficulties. Its not easy but like they say you have to just walk over it. Thats all it takes, and as we continued I found only 10 feet away 2 more silver quarters ( 1936 washington and a Standing Liberty with no date) in the same hole only 2 inches down. Now were having fun and only 4 feet or so from those quarters I get another great hit so I call over Tims son and his friend to see if they are picking up the signals and their detector hit with no problem! Dig down and 3 inches later another silver quarter.

So now the next find was very interesting 3 small silver pieces that were part of a bracelet that who know lost it ! Was it Chubby harry or jack what a combination...each piece was only down a couple of inches and about 2 to 3 feet away from each other. Now trying to figure out the names on the bracelet were they friends or brothers or what? I will need a little help with that one!!!
But after all was done I had a good day, 8 Silver pieces ,3 silver bracelet pieces and some more wheats...Tim also found silver dimes and more wheats and a scout pin......The boys they found !!!Well a few relics from days gone past!!!! But we all had a good time! Seeker

Attachments

• Old Scoutcamp finds 5-13-06 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Scoutcamp finds 5-13-06 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 802
  • Old Scoutcamp finds 5-13-06 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Scoutcamp finds 5-13-06 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 807
  • Old Scoutcamp finds 5-13-06 009 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Scoutcamp finds 5-13-06 009 Medium Web view.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 803
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those Boy Scout camp find's seem to be everlasting Seeker.....Very nice find,s...Hope it never end's...Wish I was there....WTG guy's,nice job!!!

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 60 years later !!! Where in the world is Chubby,Harry and Jack ? Scoutcamp f

Awesome digs, congrats

HH Twister

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
What a killer spot you have there Seeker! Sounds like you'll be able to keep going back over and over & continue having stellar days! We look forward to seeing many more great posts & pics from this site!

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice hunt Seeker! those SLQ's are tough to find dates on. hope ya find lots more!
:)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
That's a great haul, nice silver
and that bracelet is really cool. Hope you can find more of it.
WTG!! Best of luck to you Seeker!

Smiles!
BDoo

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
It definitely was a great day to be out. I got 2 mercs a war nickle 2 buffalo nickles 16 wheats a scout pin and a religious medal.

the boys didn't find anything great think Ill bring the Tesoro for them next time the cheapo BH just wasn't doing it for them no wonder it was free LOL

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
ya baby.. thats awesome,, ya gotta love our scouts...they left me a lot of silver at a camp too ,, wtg and keep em comin..

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great story and nice finds....But those silver links look like it was a girls friendship bracelet...Some girl had a lot of boyfriends....wonder what she was doing at the scouts camp????Hmmmm...Better go back and find the rest of those links...
Sounds like you all had a great time.....but how fair was the hunting....Not only do you and Tim set your kids up with a cheaper detecting model, they have to follow you guys.... ;)

M

mchamby

Nice looking silver, if I manage one in an outing I'm excited. HH

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice haul you got there Seeker. Nice to find washingtons from the 30's. To bad about the standing Lib. Alot of them seem to be that way.

HH Jer

S

southbound

You guys hit the jackpot!!! Congrats and hope the site gives up more.
Vern

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread