679 Ike dollars

Shineythings

May 16, 2011
Was going to get emissions test today stopped at a weird bank looked pretty ghetto I was just going to dump but I asked the Usual question any halves....and they said no but we've got the dollar ones and asked large silver dollars she said yes I said I will take them...the teller laughed and said there's over 600 and I said yes I'll take them all...her jaw dropped. I asked if she new where they came from she said some old man this morning......no silver ikes but one American eagle 1 0z bullion silver kinda weird ....probably gonna try to sell them on eBay........

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! i'd buy them all just for the silver eagle!!! The only thing is, they are hard to dump in my area- the coin machines do not take them, you have to re-roll them and give them to tellers in $20 rolls

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
Those big dollar coins surprisingly have a premium on them... I had my local coin dealer offer me $1.05 on each one. Id try to "dump" at a coin shop for that price, and you would make $34... or try ebay, they could go for even more! congrats =]

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
BuffaloBoy said:
Nice! i'd buy them all just for the silver eagle!!! The only thing is, they are hard to dump in my area- the coin machines do not take them, you have to re-roll them and give them to tellers in $20 rolls

reroll? - where do you find wrappers?

dougbfromnorthga

Apr 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been gathering these for a couple months. Figured when I get 100 of them, I would throw them on Craigs list or if all else fails Fee-Bay. Congrats on the SE. HH Doug

db23

Mar 18, 2011
I had been collecting these too, until I discovered my credit union will basically order me as many as I want in bags of 1000.

I sold 39 of them at FV to a teller at a TD while I was dumping. He said he collects them for his kid. I still have about 150 of them left, told him I'd stop by with some more if I was in the area again.

I'd have bought 4X that 679 just to get that single SAE! Really nice score there.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice find! i too got an ASE once from asking for dollar coins...congrats! what year is it btw? keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

OP
OP
S

Shineythings

May 16, 2011
The silver eagle was an 87 and dirty which is why I think it turned up in the mix all my eagles are so blast white it's so different looking all dirty but still a beauty to find I'm still amazed by it 9 hours later

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quiksilver said:
BuffaloBoy said:

reroll? - where do you find wrappers?
Yes, if you ask the bank for empty rolls for $20 in large dollar coins, they will give them to you. r check the internet.

HH
BuffaloBoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread