6th Gold Ring from a Nice Playing Field

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my 6th gold ring from one soccer sized playing field.

I went to a garage sale Thursday, and the park was on my way home, so I gave it a shot. And though my TRX pinpointer dropped dead on me, and my DFX detector was in pieces - the only way the screen would work - I just persisted yesterday, and woohoo....gold!

The ring was made by paramount wedding rings, the "p in a pear" trademark was registered in 1978, and is currently expired.

6th Gold Ring From Fabled Field: 3.04 dwt (4.72 gm), 14k,

busted DFX
Previous Rings from this one field.

Gold ring #1, 14k

Ring #2: 7.54 dwt, 18k gold,

Gold ring #3, 10k, Claddagh made in Ireland,
The 4th ring: 14k, 8.04 dwt, 12.5grams, 6 diamonds,

5th gold ring from "The Field", 14k with 3/ 3pt diamonds

heart%2Bbetter33.JPG
Vermeil necklace also from same field

Last edited:
Upvote 6

nolanation

Apr 28, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice rings. Is that a school field? Athletic facility field? What kind of field?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome gold ring finds!

What the heck happened to your detector?

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice rings! But even more impressive is that detector being held together by electrical tape. Like others here, What happened?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice.congrats on your sixth.I have yet to find one.anything solid anyway

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looks like broken or not, that thing finds the gold! congrats...you may not want to get it fixed

OP
OP
scaupus

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings! But even more impressive is that detector being held together by electrical tape. Like others here, What happened?
bought it second hand, the screen was faded, just along one end, I should have left it alone - I pulled the cover a couple times to see if i could just close any loose connections or clean terminals and the plastic tabs that secure the cover snapped off. In time, the screen became more temperamental and now works only when i play with it till it's in the exact position where its happy. then i tape it down.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds! You have to love the DFX!

OP
OP
scaupus

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice.congrats on your sixth.I have yet to find one.anything solid anyway

btw, my previous highest number of gold rings from one single playing field was 2, so that's why this field is blowing me away, and I thought others might find it a little remarkable, too.

What did you mean by "anything solid"?

Let me add something, if you don't mind. For me, the beauty about hunting for gold rings, is that you don't have to be anywhere special to find them. They are in Every-town, USA. Folks leave their gold or platinum rings where they play or work outdoors, just like they leave junk jewelry, pulltabs and clad coins, just not as many.

For anyone who has not found a gold ring, and who resolves that they must find a gold ring, I have a gold-hunting recipe that has been handed down in my family for generations, and which we reveal in a secret ceremony to anyone in our family who is still a gold ring virgin on their 18th birthday, with the following words, which must be spoken exactly as written here:

"Dig the trash, and ignore the coins for the next hundred hours of detecting. If you don't find a gold ring, I'll eat a banana."

Last edited:
OP
OP
scaupus

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice rings. Is that a school field? Athletic facility field? What kind of field?

it's a general neighborhood field with good traffic most every day, and not one specifically made for one purpose, like baseball or soccer.

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
btw, my previous highest number of gold rings from one single playing field was 2, so that's why this field is blowing me away, and I thought others might find it a little remarkable, too.

What did you mean by "anything solid"?

Let me add something, if you don't mind. For me, the beauty about hunting for gold rings, is that you don't have to be anywhere special to find them. They are in Every-town, USA. Folks leave their gold or platinum rings where they play or work outdoors, just like they leave junk jewelry, pulltabs and clad coins, just not as many.

For anyone who has not found a gold ring, and who resolves that they must find a gold ring, I have a gold-hunting recipe that has been handed down in my family for generations, and which we reveal in a secret ceremony to anyone in our family who is still a gold ring virgin on their 18th birthday, with the following words, which must be spoken exactly as written here:

"Dig the trash, and ignore the coins for the next hundred hours of detecting. If you don't find a gold ring, I'll eat a banana."
The closest I have come to finding gold rings is that they have always been gold plated.I have never hunted any sports fields or beaches yet.but maybe I should start.The main places that I hunt with the most chance of finding one would probably be old home sites.If my coil goes over one it is coming up.Gold sounds good to my machine,I just haven't walked over any yet I guess.Congrats again on that nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread