7-28-09 Finds

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Sharpshooter and I met up at the usual spot this morning for some dirt fishing. Things were starting out slow until my son and I made it to this really big and old tree. As I was checking all around it, I got a solid hit and it was shallow. I told my son that it should be a clad dime and showed him where to dig (he doesn't like to detect, but likes to help me by digging...). He pops the top of the dirt and goes "Uh-oh... Not going to believe what it is." and he shows me the ring. It appears to be silver, but there is not a stamp inside it that I could find. Came out of the ground like it was just put there...

The next find that was worth anything was an eyeball find as we were checking the hillside. I looked down and thought I saw a "cheap" pin just laying on the ground. Picked it up and it was the security badge. I called them and they really didn't seem too concerned that I found it...

Then on the way back to the truck we found all 3 wheat's (sorry that the pic didn't turn out better).

Still had plenty of clad too, but we all know what that looks like.

Hope you enjoy the pics (just found my graphics program)...

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 268
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 277
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 274

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job on the silver ring and wheaties, Phil.

You're getting better with every hunt.

There's no stopping you now. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread