$7.42

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
Weather was very borderline today, above freezing, and raining on and off, but it was a rare day off for me, and I decided to hit a local playground that has a lot of wood chip area. Too sloppy to hunt anything else.
Must not have been hunted recently, because I did great.
I found 18 quarters, 13 dimes, 7 nickels, and 27 cents. Oh, and one of those new dollar coins too.
I could have done a little better in total coins, but I was skipping pennies. Most was found with Wifeys Garrett GTAx 1250 using a small sniper coil. Its a very good coin machine in the chips, with a clear, definite.ID tone, and a meter. At these shallow depths, the meter was always right.
It pinpoints easily too, and gets very close to all the metal poles for the play equipment. But that tiny coil does not cover much territory.
I really like that Garrett. Very nice, very user friendly.
I also used my Fisher CZ6a with the stock 8 inch coil for the more open areas. It works well too. The nice thing about the Fisher is it includes nickels in the high coin tones. Both find and ID nickels well.
One minor problem with the Fisher, is it tends to be optimistic in its ID. Cents will often ID in the upper part of the meter, in the dime/quarter range, especially if its shallow, and close to the coil.
This is a product of the CZ's sensitivity though. Not actually a bad thing.
So far, I have found $9.90 in 3 outings to woodchip playgrounds. Not too shabby. At least its good practice for when the weather improves.
Happy New Year all,
Hugger

Upvote 0

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great day any time of year. I have not found a coin the last four times out.

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job even for such a crappy weather day.

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Good job in the bad conditions.

Sometimes the playgrounds have lots of coins available after an event.

Our little town has a night event to light the community Christmas Tree. It's at a local park with a large area for the kids. Rich pickings after that eveneing.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG littlehugger....at that rate sound's like someone's gonna have a nice chunk o change at the end of the year..HH

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats ! Not a bad haul considering the less than perfect weather.

Huntin' 59er

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice haul, WTG!!!
The Cz's are killer on them nickels...
Good luck in the new year, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread