Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this was my 2nd actual full hunt with the SEF 10 x 12 coil...and again it performed well for me. I didn't find any old silver...or any big silver...but 7 silver coins...13 wheaties...and an injun...all in 7 hours....is a super day for me. :thumbsup: Plus...one of the wheaties is a semi-key 1915-S...and looks nice. :icon_sunny:
Funny thing is that some days this pounded park produces a hot area...and other days I'll wander for 3 hours and find absolutely nothing...and I mean nothing. ;D
I still LOVE my 1050 coil...but this 10 x 12 really separates well for me and obviously has no problem pulling out keeper coins for me from very pounded sites....and from pretty impressive depths. Each and every coin I found today came from at least 7" ...and many came from the 8" to 9" range. At least half of the coins found were very close to trash.....yet the coil gave me a nice strong coin signal....separate from the trash signal. I can run it at whatever sensitivity I want...but continue to stick at my comfort zone. :tongue3:

This coil is a very hot coil...and goes plenty deep...and again you can run it as hot as you want without any falsing whatsoever. To me though...nails start to sound too good when I go past my comfort zone on sensitivity and iron mask. That holds true with ANY coil I hunt with. :wink:

Thanks for viewing and good luck on your next hunt.

Attachments

• coins76.jpg
    coins76.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,239
Upvote 0

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
-S.F.-

You are the silver coin KING !!! :icon_king: :icon_king: You need to write a book on finding the deeper silver that hides and how to find them !!

You ROCK ! :headbang:

Derek

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Bryce, you did well :thumbsup:

Nat

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Bryce, you did it again!!

That coil is proving to be a real winner. I don't think you'll be taking it off anytime soon. Same for my SE Pro coil.

You're right about being in your comfort zone for sensitivity. Even though my Pro coil can handle a higher sensitivity setting, I like the sens. I'm more comfortable and confident with. Besides, all the iron starts to sound better too at the higher settings. Not beneficial.

Congrats on another fine, fine day there! Have you reached 100 silver so far this year?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
prolab69 said:
thats a good score! :thumbsup:
Thanks prolab

Prober said:
Way to go Bryce! That Explorer is one fine machine...I'm jealous!
Thanks prober :icon_sunny:

Detectingfreak said:
Very nice job on the wheaties and silver!! :thumbsup:
Thanks DF

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kimsdad said:
You are putting me to shame, brutha! Nice finds!!! I gotta get a Minelab before you clean out the entire state! ;D
;D ;D Now that's funny...thanks Kimsdad

Derek752 said:
-S.F.-

You are the silver coin KING !!! :icon_king: :icon_king: You need to write a book on finding the deeper silver that hides and how to find them !!

You ROCK ! :headbang:

Derek
Thanks Derek. I truly appreciate it...but my vote goes for Dan Captn_SE. If I'm mentioned in the same breath....I'll take it ;D

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great hunt Silver :thumbsup:
Congrats----Those Mercs are the prettiest coin made.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:

That coil is proving to be a real winner. I don't think you'll be taking it off anytime soon. Same for my SE Pro coil.

You're right about being in your comfort zone for sensitivity. Even though my Pro coil can handle a higher sensitivity setting, I like the sens. I'm more comfortable and confident with. Besides, all the iron starts to sound better too at the higher settings. Not beneficial.

Congrats on another fine, fine day there! Have you reached 100 silver so far this year?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan. I don't think I'm near 100 yet...cause I've had a few hunts with only one silver...but they were biggies...walker...barber halves...morgan dollar...etc. ...but I'm really not keeping track just yet. When the hunting season gets a month or so longer...I'll start wonderin' where I stand. I truly never thought I'd have even a chance at 100 this year...cause I'm hunting the exact same 3 or 4 parks as last year...but it's been an amazing year and I have no doubt I'll hit it. I just can't believe I'm finding what I am in these worked to death spots. It's been fun so far.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
silverfreak said:
Captn_SE said:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan. I don't think I'm near 100 yet...cause I've had a few hunts with only one silver...but they were biggies...walker...barber halves...morgan dollar...etc. ...but I'm really not keeping track just yet. When the hunting season gets a month or so longer...I'll start wonderin' where I stand. I truly never thought I'd have even a chance at 100 this year...cause I'm hunting the exact same 3 or 4 parks as last year...but it's been an amazing year and I have no doubt I'll hit it. I just can't believe I'm finding what I am in these worked to death spots. It's been fun so far.

Yeah, me too. I never thought I could continue to pull almost 200 so far from the same parks I was working to death last year. It's not like we have a sub-surface frost here in S. CA that turns the ground over each year. ;D My buddies have been getting their share too when they hunt with me. One of these years to come, I will be scrounging for 1 silver, but I hope it doesn't arrive too soon. Maybe by then, someone will make a machine that will find dimes at 15". ;D I'm not sure I'll be physically able to get them out of the ground by that time though. :'(

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice day :thumbsup: . . . a silver coin per hour average, I would take that anyday ;D So none of those were iffy? Sounds like your saying this new coil is giving clear signals on coins at 8"+ :o That's amazing! I agree with Plehbah, I get just as jazzed about finding a wheatback as I do most any other silver coin.

If you think about it . . . as slow as you detect, that park probably really has not been fully detected by you yet :)

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great finds!!

BTW~Its time to lose the tie dye man it aint workin fer ya!

Happy hunting!

Larry

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amazing finds!!!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Damn Bryce.....That's an impressive total,especially the Silver,old or not it's what it is!!Very Sweet Dig's my friend :thumbsup: I haven't heard one thing Bad yet from anyone on that coil.....Sound's nice.Best Of Luck to ya!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread