Milestone for me, broke the 1800s

jtshombre

Jun 23, 2007
Montana Prairie
Detector(s) used
White's M-6
Milestone for me, broke the 1800's

I know it's no big deal for you folks with the absolute stellar finds I see posted here, but I had a good evening. I've been swinging pretty steadily, nothing spectacular, did find my second Indian Head penny about 10 days ago, a 1907. Last night it was hot, and I was tired of helping my wife and her friends set up for their yard sale on Sat., so I grabbed the detector. We just bought an empty lot next door to our house, and I've detected it a few times and found some clad, but needing a fix, I figured it would do. I found 2 memorial pennies, a clad quarter, a ladies Timex that had takin' a lickin' but was no longer tickin', and an 1899 Indian head. Could have knocked me over with a feather! Anyway, not bad for a 45 minute hunt, and breaking into the 1800's, and then, I was drafted to help be the muscle to help set up for the yard sale. Domestic duties triumph over tectin I guess, especially when tectin in earshot! ;D Take care folks...

Upvote 0

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Milestone for me, broke the 1800's

It's absolutely a big deal. We all remember our first 1800 coin. Mine was a 1899 Canadian large cent found in North Hollywood park, Ca. I can take you right to the spot where I dug it, what a rush. Congratulations on breaking into the 1800's! :wav:

I'd be grid searching that lot. Got to be some silver in there waiting for you. Maybe some 1800 silver ;D. WTG!

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

congrats man! Depending on where you are located.... "old" is a relative term.... for this lot.... mow it down to the dirt......... hit it very slow.... crank up settings.... dig "iffy" signals.... it is your lot.. who cares if it looks like WWIII hit it... you will find some cool old things there for sure!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CONGRATS! It is a big deal, there are some out there that never find one.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congrats on your first 19th century coin..hope you continue finding those oldies.

HH,
Nat

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL, I am still waiting to break into the 1800's. I found 2 Indian Head pennies like 2 weeks apart from each other, a 1906 then a 1907. Those are the 2 oldest coins that I have found so far.

Great job :thumbsup:

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:thumbsup: I can't get past the 60's in coins..........hunt the area slow, you'll find lots more..... :thumbsup:

capndan151

Apr 29, 2007
Costa Mesa CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

I've been doing this a long time and no 1800's. They're next to impossible in so cal.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

thats an excellent hunt :o yes it is a big deal jtshombre ! I have to raise my hand since i have never found one ,, yet ! :thumbsup: congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread