7 Silver, 15 Wheats ~ 4 Pieces of Silver Jewelry ~ 26 For 26 !!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello My Friends!!

I had another great detecting day!! My streak has extended to 26 straight "silver" hunts in the turf with the SE Pro Coil. :blob8: I met Mike(Ratman) at our "Silver Spot" in the park this morning, and before I even got there, Mike had two silver coins. After congratulating him, I was hoping I could get just one today to extend my streak. Within about half an hour, I managed an older woman's flower sterling ring, down around 7". About a half hour later, I got what I came looking for; a mint '63 Rosie. I was on the board, and now I could relax a little, and see what else was still left from this heavily pounded/pillaged spot of the park. I've been coming to this area of the park for the past 6 weeks now, hunting the area almost twice a week, 3-4 hours at a time, and it's still producing the deepies. Today, I got a bonus....4 pieces of jewelry. All the pieces were silver. My favorite is the antique style silver amethyst ring. It's a beauty!! ::) Unfortunately, the lawnmower did a number on one side of it, but the stone is still intact. There's only one marking in the inside, and it says "SILVER". It's my favorite and most detailed style woman's silver ring I have found in quite some time. The other pieces of silver jewelry are a sterling ring which has another silver loop soldered on. The stone is not really a stone on the ring....it's a solid piece of silver made to look like a diamond. There was an encrusted iron chain attached to the little loop on one end that I just threw away. I wish the chain had been silver too, but it wasn't. My last piece of jewelry was a large size silver (.925) pendant with 4 CZ's attached. When I dug it out of the ground it did not look like silver...it had a yellowish paint on it. As I was chipping the paint off, I noticed a black color underneath. Both Mike and I thought the pendant was just silver plated, but after doing electrolysis on it, the black came off, showing the beautiful silver underneath. ::)

So my final tally today was 2 '44 Mercury dimes, 1 '63 Rosie, 15 Wheaties(dates ranging from 1917-1958), and four pieces of silver jewelry. Just when I thought this site wasn't going to give up any more finds, it sure surprised me today. I'll probably be going back soon.

Thanks for looking!!

Keep the Passion High!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3007_sm.jpg
    IMG_3007_sm.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 730
  • IMG_3011_sm.jpg
    IMG_3011_sm.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_3012_sm.jpg
    IMG_3012_sm.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_3019_sm.jpg
    IMG_3019_sm.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 701
  • Pendant925_092208.jpg
    Pendant925_092208.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_3017_sm.jpg
    IMG_3017_sm.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_3020_sm.jpg
    IMG_3020_sm.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 711
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Sweeeeeeeet finds, man! keep up the awesome work!!! B-E-A-utiful!!!!

Thanks, chatking6969.

Nice digs my friend. Keep the deepies comin'

Thanks, Bryce!! Hang in there, buddy! We're all here for you!!

Nice silver and nice looking ring with the purple stone thumbsup

Thanks, CrazyJarHead!! Good luck out there!

Awesome finds Captn, love the amethyst ring too, congrats on 26 straight WTG thumbsup
Glenn

Thanks, TreasureDiggerNY, for your reply!! Good luck to you!!

Congrats on the FINE looking silver!!!!!! WTG!! thumbsup
Hope you can keep the "silver streak" going for #27.
Any idea what that stone is? It sure has a deep, rich tone.
Gold Nuggets

Thanks, GoldNuggets!! I just got to #27 yesterday!! I'm thinking the stone is amethyst, but it just may be a man-made purple stone.

Dan the Suuuuuuuper Good Datecting Dude from SoCal, the streak is still going and going, buddy. notworthy Your wilver streak is, by far, one of the most impressive feats of datecting that Tnet has ever seen. icon_salut Many people couldn't get one wilver coin in a hunted-out park...let alone 500+ over the past two years. notworthy wav notworthy

I agree, that ring is a beauty. headbang I bet you are getting quite a collection of rings and other pieces of jewelry from those parks.

Your next two outings will yield you 10+ wilver coins and 25+ Wheaties. icon_salut You, my good friend from SoCal, are a lean, mean, metal datecting wilver machine!!!! notworthy

Keep on hunting with that never-ending fever, my good buddy! occasion14

Kyle

Thanks, Kyle! My site is really starting to thin....I did manage 3 silver there yesterday, along with 12 wheats. Not sure how long it's going to last. I'll keep the passion high.

I love the antique style silver amethyst ring. Congrats on all your finds and the great year you are having.

NJ

Thanks, NJ_TH'er!! Good luck to you too!!

Killer SILVER streak Capt'n occasion14 icon_salut occasion14

Once again anyplace where people go and have gone to in the past is NEVER cleaned out !! thumbsup !!

SUPER Congradulations on all the Silver notworthy

Derek

Thanks, Derek!! You sure got that right! :thumbsup: If I would have given up on this park last year, I would have 130 less silver coins in my collection right now. Good luck to you!!

Nice finds Capt,

Love that old mood looking ring. Your silver gets pretty oxidized where your at. I've gotten great results on bad silver coins like that by running them through a tumbler with soap. They come out beautiful with no scratches.

Beats having to clean them by hand. They get scratched to when cleaning at times by hand.

HH Jer

Thanks, Jer. Actually, the silver in this park comes out looking very nice compared to other parks I've been to in my area this year. I've only dug a couple silver from this area that had the white oxidation on it. The black markings will come off easily, unlike the white/powdery oxidation.

Very Nice!!!
Can we change your name to Captn Silver, Hi Ho Silver, or just Captain ProCoil?
What a streak! My hat is off to you! May you not be blinded by the glare from the bald spot!
HH
Mark

Thanks, mpostma!! I think I will just stick with my current username....I'm proud of my SE's abilities.

Wow, great hunt!!! Keep the streak alive!!!! icon_pirat

Thanks, TreasureFiend!! I was able to bump my streak by one yesterday, so it's still alive.

Wow what super awesome finds!!!

Thanks for your reply, Mistiskys!! Good luck to you!!

Dan the SoCal Man,

Awesome day in the fields of SoCal, my good amigo! thumbsup headbang I bet the hot babes in that sunny state are checking your skills out all the time. laughing3 laughing9 headbang A good, decent woman should appreciate a man with a detector. laughing9 Well, at least that is what I think in my mentally bombarded mellon of mine. laughing11 laughing3 laughing1

Those wilvers just keep on popping out of that historic Cal doyt like there is no tomorrow. headbang 27 for 27 is just on the sunny state horizon, my friend. icon_thumright

Those rings can sure make a hot babe giggle with the giggle of a hot chick in that great state of yours. laughing3 laughing9 Heck, detecting makes me giggle like a giggling chick. icon_cheers laughing3 laughing11

Dan, now, go make another one of those hot chicatas giggle with a metal detecting giggle. laughing3 laughing11 laughing1

Keep your coil low and your passion high! occasion14

Kirk occasion14

Yo, Kirk, thanks for your comedic rendition of a post. ;D ;D My passion is high, because guys like you are still swinging the Analogs with High Passion!!! ;D ;D :tongue3:
Many of the beautiful chick'itas keep their distance when I'm detecting in the turf....they don't like a guy that is covered in dirt from his fingers up to his elbows.

Awesome silver there, thats a good looking ring! Congrats thumbsup

Thanks, Locke!! Good luck to you!!

Dan,you've really got a nice haul of silver there. I think everyone on the forum is pulling for you to keep that silver streak alive. No pressure buddy Grin keep it fun!
Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. I was able to extend the streak yesterday, so it is still alive. Good luck to you!! I really enjoy your posts. :thumbsup:

Way too cool,!!! congrats on the silver,

Thanks, Gary!! Hope you have some killer hunts coming!! Good luck!!

This is getting crazy, how the heck, where the heck....?? icon_scratch I mean wow, man your killing it. That ring marked silver is likely handmade. Most rings with strange markings are handmade. Cool finds, that's a ton of silver this year.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Thanks, MUD(S.W.A.T)! Thanks for your insight on the ring!! Yes, it's been another respectable year for me.

Wow!! Gorgeous Mercs AND silver jewelry!! thumbsup thumbsup I was sitting on pins & needled waiting to see if it would be 26 - then I was sitting on Amtrak for almost 24 hours Angry Sorry for the late reply! Here ya go, Dan! Unbelieveable!!

Captn Dan's Scorecard

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 .......

Congrats Captn!!!

Thanks, KimsDad!! No problem...I'm glad you could reply and update your scorecard!! You need to add one more....I managed #27 yesterday....3 silvers, 12 wheats.

Geez Louise! I've been watching your streak for a long time now. You are relentless on that silver! Congrats, and you're beginning to make me jealous.... Lol! Joking... If you only found one silver on each of those hunts, you'd have more than my entire silver count for the year!

Thanks, Cheese!! Yes, the streak has lasted as long as I've had the Pro Coil on my machine. I've been averaging 3-4 silver on each hunt. Good luck to you!!

aye aye cap'n. SALUTE

Thanks, scrounger!! Good to you with your E-Trac!!

Thanks again, everyone!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o That ring is AMAZING!!! Love that!!! :o

As always, a great hunt, Dan! :thumbsup: Beautiful finds!!

Nana :)

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Nana40 said:
:o That ring is AMAZING!!! Love that!!! :o

As always, a great hunt, Dan! :thumbsup: Beautiful finds!!

Nana :)

Thanks, Nana. Appreciate it!! Good luck to you!!

HH,
Dan
CAPTN SE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread