7 Silver, 15 Wheats ~ 4 Pieces of Silver Jewelry ~ 26 For 26 !!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello My Friends!!

I had another great detecting day!! My streak has extended to 26 straight "silver" hunts in the turf with the SE Pro Coil. :blob8: I met Mike(Ratman) at our "Silver Spot" in the park this morning, and before I even got there, Mike had two silver coins. After congratulating him, I was hoping I could get just one today to extend my streak. Within about half an hour, I managed an older woman's flower sterling ring, down around 7". About a half hour later, I got what I came looking for; a mint '63 Rosie. I was on the board, and now I could relax a little, and see what else was still left from this heavily pounded/pillaged spot of the park. I've been coming to this area of the park for the past 6 weeks now, hunting the area almost twice a week, 3-4 hours at a time, and it's still producing the deepies. Today, I got a bonus....4 pieces of jewelry. All the pieces were silver. My favorite is the antique style silver amethyst ring. It's a beauty!! ::) Unfortunately, the lawnmower did a number on one side of it, but the stone is still intact. There's only one marking in the inside, and it says "SILVER". It's my favorite and most detailed style woman's silver ring I have found in quite some time. The other pieces of silver jewelry are a sterling ring which has another silver loop soldered on. The stone is not really a stone on the ring....it's a solid piece of silver made to look like a diamond. There was an encrusted iron chain attached to the little loop on one end that I just threw away. I wish the chain had been silver too, but it wasn't. My last piece of jewelry was a large size silver (.925) pendant with 4 CZ's attached. When I dug it out of the ground it did not look like silver...it had a yellowish paint on it. As I was chipping the paint off, I noticed a black color underneath. Both Mike and I thought the pendant was just silver plated, but after doing electrolysis on it, the black came off, showing the beautiful silver underneath. ::)

So my final tally today was 2 '44 Mercury dimes, 1 '63 Rosie, 15 Wheaties(dates ranging from 1917-1958), and four pieces of silver jewelry. Just when I thought this site wasn't going to give up any more finds, it sure surprised me today. I'll probably be going back soon.

Thanks for looking!!

Keep the Passion High!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3007_sm.jpg
    IMG_3007_sm.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 730
  • IMG_3011_sm.jpg
    IMG_3011_sm.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_3012_sm.jpg
    IMG_3012_sm.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_3019_sm.jpg
    IMG_3019_sm.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 701
  • Pendant925_092208.jpg
    Pendant925_092208.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_3017_sm.jpg
    IMG_3017_sm.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_3020_sm.jpg
    IMG_3020_sm.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 711
Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Awesome finds Captn, love the amethyst ring too, congrats on 26 straight WTG :thumbsup:
Glenn

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the FINE looking silver!!!!!! WTG!! :thumbsup:
Hope you can keep the "silver streak" going for #27.
Any idea what that stone is? It sure has a deep, rich tone.
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Dan the Suuuuuuuper Good Datecting Dude from SoCal, the streak is still going and going, buddy. :notworthy: Your wilver streak is, by far, one of the most impressive feats of datecting that Tnet has ever seen. :icon_salut: Many people couldn't get one wilver coin in a hunted-out park...let alone 500+ over the past two years. :notworthy: :wav: :notworthy:

I agree, that ring is a beauty. :headbang: I bet you are getting quite a collection of rings and other pieces of jewelry from those parks.

Your next two outings will yield you 10+ wilver coins and 25+ Wheaties. :icon_salut: You, my good friend from SoCal, are a lean, mean, metal datecting wilver machine!!!! :notworthy:

Keep on hunting with that never-ending fever, my good buddy! :occasion14:

Kyle

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the antique style silver amethyst ring. Congrats on all your finds and the great year you are having.

NJ

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Killer SILVER streak Capt'n :occasion14: :icon_salut: :occasion14:

Once again anyplace where people go and have gone to in the past is NEVER cleaned out !! :thumbsup: !!

SUPER Congradulations on all the Silver :notworthy:

Derek :icon_profileleft: :icon_scratch: :icon_profileright:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Capt,

Love that old mood looking ring. Your silver gets pretty oxidized where your at. I've gotten great results on bad silver coins like that by running them through a tumbler with soap. They come out beautiful with no scratches.

Beats having to clean them by hand. They get scratched to when cleaning at times by hand.

HH Jer

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Very Nice!!!
Can we change your name to Captn Silver, Hi Ho Silver, or just Captain ProCoil?
What a streak! My hat is off to you! May you not be blinded by the glare from the bald spot!
HH
Mark

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great hunt!!! Keep the streak alive!!!! :icon_pirat:

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Dan the SoCal Man,

Awesome day in the fields of SoCal, my good amigo! :thumbsup: :headbang: I bet the hot babes in that sunny state are checking your skills out all the time. :laughing3: :laughing9: :headbang: A good, decent woman should appreciate a man with a detector. :laughing9: Well, at least that is what I think in my mentally bombarded mellon of mine. :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing1:

Those wilvers just keep on popping out of that historic Cal doyt like there is no tomorrow. :headbang: 27 for 27 is just on the sunny state horizon, my friend. :icon_thumright:

Those rings can sure make a hot babe giggle with the giggle of a hot chick in that great state of yours. :laughing3: :laughing9: Heck, detecting makes me giggle like a giggling chick. :icon_cheers: :laughing3: :laughing11:

Dan, now, go make another one of those hot chicatas giggle with a metal detecting giggle. :laughing3: :laughing11: :laughing1:

Keep your coil low and your passion high! :occasion14:

Kirk :occasion14:

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Dan,you've really got a nice haul of silver there. I think everyone on the forum is pulling for you to keep that silver streak alive. No pressure buddy ;D keep it fun!
Jerry

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is getting crazy, how the heck, where the heck....?? :icon_scratch: I mean wow, man your killing it. That ring marked silver is likely handmade. Most rings with strange markings are handmade. Cool finds, that's a ton of silver this year.

Keep @ it and HH!!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Wow!! Gorgeous Mercs AND silver jewelry!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I was sitting on pins & needled waiting to see if it would be 26 - then I was sitting on Amtrak for almost 24 hours >:( Sorry for the late reply! Here ya go, Dan! Unbelieveable!!

Captn Dan's Scorecard

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 .......

Congrats Captn!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Geez Louise! I've been watching your streak for a long time now. You are relentless on that silver! Congrats, and you're beginning to make me jealous.... Lol! Joking... If you only found one silver on each of those hunts, you'd have more than my entire silver count for the year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread