705 equivilent?

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, can anyone tell me some rough equivilents to the Xterra 705 in other brands? I realise all detectors are different and am not expecting any direct comparisons, but as far as performence is concerned what would be the nearest products from garret, fisher, whites etc.I also understand operater ability etc.
Would the T2 be a fair equivilent?

Thanks
Simon

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 705 comes with different frequency coils. If you mean the 705 with the Goldpak, Fisher Goldbug Pro; Whites Goldmaster; Tesoro Lobo Super Traq; Garrett AT Gold

If you want to hunt parks AND look for gold nuggets, the Minelab Eureka is a great choice. :skullflag:

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you're asking is really tough to answer. There aren't any other machines out there that have as many user controllable modes and features as a 705, much less any others that are all digital. V-Flex is a very unique technology, making it difficult to compare to anything else. A lot of times it boils down to the knowledge and proficiency of the user.

OP
OP
S

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Yes I understand. I often wonder how many bad reviews are just down to ignorance, or incompetence.
I should have been more specific. I intend to use the 705 primarily for relics and coins as Im a long way from any gold areas.
I understand its a bit of a silly question. I was just thinking it may be similar in performance to say a Fisher F75 ? Going by price the exterra range seem to be very capable / good value.
I recently bought a F5 as my first serious detector and am having ALOT of joy with it. But sometimes I would like to invite someone out with me, so when thinking about another detector I would rather go for an upgrade.
An agent told me recently that the F4 and 305 were similar in performance ?
Anyway.
Thanks for the replies
Cheers Simon

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it's hard to compare actual performance, especially with no idea of the soil conditions where you'll be hunting, I will say one thing; there is no machine on the market as tailorable for conditions and purpose as the 705....period.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread