$7500 Diamond Solitare ring lost in 1962, whats it worth now?

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
$7500 Diamond Solitare ring lost in 1962, what's it worth now?

The story of the ring is true, I knew the woman that lost it, and I know where she lost it. The woman was a neighbor of my parents from 1955 to 1976.She recieved the ring for a special 10 yr anniversary gift in 1962.The anniversary party was held at the neighborhood boat dock. As the party progressed several began to swim off the dock as it was hot during July. The new reciepient of the ring also participated in the swimming.Her first dive off the dock proved to be the culprit of relieving her of her prized ring, as it had not been properly sized yet. For years many tried without any success to recover the ring.I'm not positive, but I believe it was a 2 carat diamond with very good grading ( as it was told to me over 35 years ago ).

The boatdock is on Watts Bar lake in Kingston,Tn. In the summer the water level on this lake is about 6 feet higher than it is in the winter. The water is completely below the dock area in the winter, so there is total access without having to do any under water seach. The dock area itself offers many possible rewards even without the diamond ring.I think the dock was built around 1950.My parents still live in this neighborhood, which all owners in this subdivision have ownership in this community boatdock as well. Permission to detect will not be required.

I just purchased the Minelab Quattro MP. I'm ready to find the long lost ring that was so momentarily cherished and so longly looked for.

I have many more prospective sites to explorer and detect, some with more lore and some with more face.

I'll be posting many more propositions soon and will be filling in on the finds!

Sweet Sailing ,Smartin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Smartin

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread