pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard the Tnet forum...... Pink rifle,,, now I am really scared 8) Did my stint in the Rhodesian army, and enjoyed the shooting very much... umm AK 47's were our enemy at the time, but will admit they were great weapons..... The enemy used to bury the AK's in soil or sand with nothing covering them except the sand etc, but when dug up Months later would still shoot with no problem...... Our weapons, the G3, and FN rifles would just smell sand and would not fire as they got stuck.

Keep up posted on the bike, and most of all on all your great finds with the detector.

God bless
Peter

OP
OP
75_stingray

75_stingray

Oct 4, 2006
Charleston
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Tesoro Vaquero
shreddah said:
a man isnt a man unless hes comfortable with the color pink in all aspects.
Hahaha, isn't that the truth!

Pgill,,,within the last yr or so I began to move into FN FAL's. A buddy of mine called me one afternoon asking if I would be interested in buying some 308cal ammo. Of coarse I said yea, and offered him $50 for the whole lot just to see what he said. Well, he took the offer and delivered, I swear on my mothers grave, a 5gal bucket overflowing with Lake City and various 308!!!!!!

Right then I had to pick up something that would eat all that 308 so I found a nice Australian L1A1 on consignment. After shooting the L1A1 I was hooked so I began doing what any normal person would do, I began picking up FAL parts kits when I could find a deal. Other than the L1A1 I now have a STG-58 and a Imbel FN FAL that I need to get together.

I've been keeping my eye's on Gunbroker trying to snatch up an Embel reciever or two, but if I see one it has always gone for over $400! My next option will be to just "bite the bullet" and order them from DSA.
Just for the record, I use combinations of made in the USA recievers,trigger groups, gas pistons, foregrips, buttstocks, mag followers & floorplates in all my builds to stay compliant!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
From the looks of it I better wait until I'm sober to reply to this one... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
75_stingray

75_stingray

Oct 4, 2006
Charleston
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Tesoro Vaquero
Leon said:
From the looks of it I better wait until I'm sober to reply to this one... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~
Go ahead, I'll have a few beers so to better understand!:)

Just got back from the beach. Saw a fellow out in the wet swinging a White's and thought that I should say hello. Turns out that he's also a TN member from the upstate around Greenville with the username Tony in SC. Really nice gentleman who turned me on to a contact in Cal.
Thank's Tony!

Oh,,,,,found just enough clad to pay for my trip out there. :(

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
UHH, The pink weapon of mass destruction does match your shirt ,the ear plugs , and the shells scattered about , Reckon that girl noticies somthing we dont.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Monty said:
Welcome fellow gun nut! I have a collection of WWI and WWII bolt action rifles. Got into metal detecting and have kinda' got away from shooting as much. I use to shoot military bolt action matches and was pretty competative before my vision started to fail me. Good to have you aboard. Monty
:D I have an old rifle (air gun I think) that I got from my grand father ;D it's quite old to, my grand fathers father used to use it.. :o (around WWII)
Anyways welcome! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread