8 inch gravity sluicing

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SG I have been thoroughly enjoying this thread since I have found it. What are you finding you need as a minimum and as preferred drop to get the suction you need to work the gravel?

TIA

ratled

I haven't read this whole thread, so pardon me if someone has already posted this link: A Gold Fever Experience - Gravity Dredge Plans - Olympic National Park

It explains EVERYTHING.

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we where moving tons of boulders but the gold did,nt care.We built many dams to divert water to our test sites also.One morning i wake up and see my right hand is swollen up and itchy like crazy.I could not explain why.My buddy told it.s a spider bite.
So i checked my tend and found the spider .At home,normally i don,t kill spiders but let them eat up the moskitos in my rooms,but this one..

After 2 days of cautious working with my right hand it got better and i could return to full gear..but despite of hard workethics,good nutrition.. Foto0258.jpg and hi end equipment,like this dual purpose riffle frame Foto0266.jpg ..the clean outs showed only very little color.

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Foto0261.jpg

I,m no expert in this but i think it was no venomous snake.Here one of the few venomous snakes are vipers ,which have a edgy head.
I placed the snake some 300 feet away from our diggings back in to the water.

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we continued testing and some 4 days c.a. before the end of my trip the clean up showed a little more lead and gold than usual and we decided to stick to the spot before we go home with nothing

Foto0490.jpg

Very flat,thin flakes.
In the clean up sluice sometimes you could watch how the flakes rolled over the fine ribbed mats like a leaf in the wind ,and stopped only later in the bigger grooves.We placed our second cleanup sluice behind for safety.

Foto0264.jpg

There are some more pics and vids on the phone of my buddy and i,m waiting to get them for this thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked wiki-good work vagadero:thumbsup: The snake made a very peaceful impression indeed,did not attack,made no explosive movements.I did not feel threatened and so i took her on the tail and away.

Cheers

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That still some nice gold but it looks like you guys really work hard to find that.
I hope that you come by a much richer spot the next time that you head out.

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That still some nice gold but it looks like you guys really work hard to find that.
I hope that you come by a much richer spot the next time that you head out.

Thanks neo,by the way i saw portions from your sniping vids before my trip and also your banner find...:occasion14: -awesome gold.
I still had no time to try it out in snipable rivers with bedrock and cracks.But you make it seem a very efficient way of mining.

It was still a great experience but the gold was not in balance with the efforts.
By the way today,after 1 and a half weeks after my last dive,this morning i noticed that my right ear was hurting a little bit.Then at middays lunchbreak,within a our it swoll up inside and hurted ,my energie level dropped down within short time .Just like last year.Despite i used the diving eardrops this time, it seems that some of these critters always survive the drops .Then ,when i take a shover and some water enters the ear (like yesterday) they start a proliferation party.Was by the doctor and he gave me ciproxin hc drops..but it seems the normal dive drops just don,t cut it for me.Doctor told me to also rinse out the ears with mineral water after each dive next time.Hope this helps .

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was not the only medical issue,i need some advice regarding the wearing of wetsuit.After 8 or 9 days of wearing the wetsuit for 10 hours a day.I developped..inflammations of..you know..that two things that women have to feed the babys and also "intertrigo" (says the web)between my legs..i walked around with a rather silly walk style the last days and could not wear the wetsuit enymoore.What do you guys wear to avoid that.?:dontknow:

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And here a vid of our last location,where there was a little moore gold in the first clean ups.
Its the big boulder from the pics before.
He appeared slowly and at the beginning we did not know how big he was. Here i could not wear the wet suit enymoore which was only a bit freezy in the early morning.Later it was even better without the suit.

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you can see the tailings became a problem and we used the formwork panels to slide them away more distant.

Foto0254.jpg

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW That is a huge boulder for sure!

Thanks for watching my video's, I enjoy yours a lot too. :)
My 5" dredge hose is the same as your 8", as far as color anyways. :D

Sniping is really a great way to find gold but you lose all the flour gold.
With sniping you are pretty much looking for larger flakes and pickers.
It is a terrific way to find rich paying area's in a hurry.

I am sorry to hear about your ear.
If you don't have prior ear drum injuries like holes in your ear drum you can also use Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) for a quick rinse.
I use it when I get ear infections, which is rare.

As for your wet suit problem, do you have an undersuit that you wear? That should help.

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
well, if you get healed up you can wear panty hose. helps get on your wet suit and helps not getting a rash. who cares what everyone is laughing at... much better than a rash.

bill/cr

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok bill.but immagine it doesn,t work and i get the intertrigo despite the pantyhose and you see a guy in pantyhose walking in that strange manner ... ;-)
Thanks bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The river passes by some villages upstream and i heared theres sewage coming in somewhere.For this river i will have always to make all the preventional measures thereare i think.
Will have to buy undersuit too,if this happened in autumn ,i could stop dredging.
Thanks neo

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well like i mentioned before ,after we dredged up the material laying under the hose ,suction became weaker and we switched to the shorter (16 feet) 4 inch hose .
My father having fun..

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But time was running out and we could not clean up everything around and under the boulder.There where several one feet boulders stuck under the bigger boulder and material stuck inbetween..
We had to leave and i ask myself what we have left behind.
From your experiences with big boulder gold-where was the best gold ,was there some goodies directly underneath?

Foto0275.jpg

The boulder gave us 10 grams.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread