OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Foto0494.jpg And here the probably only bazooka in italy .A prospector i got to know last year asked me which sluice he should buy.He would like to not classify .I told him i would rather build my own,its moore satysfying.But he is not the DIY type and so i told him i heared that the bazooka works well.
This year we met again and it seems he is pretty happy with it.He told me something like;When the sluice makes a "gurgling sound" she is working well.

Cheers

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
NICE!
Its cool to see one of my favorite sluices traveling so far to find gold. :D

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!
Its cool to see one of my favorite sluices traveling so far to find gold. :D

Yep neo i,m happy he,s satisfyed with the bazooka..actually i,m also sad to announce (imentioned it in another thread) that all the predictions made about the eco.totalitarian movement are becoming true. The unelected agencie for fish and game of the canton(state) of st.gallen following the U.N. a. 21 ideologie/specifications ,has deceitfully outlawed sluices and showels ,classifiyng them as "professional devices"and forbidds now even panning from 1.oktober to 30 may. Now we are at 3 or 4states with totally outlawed prospecting and several communities with before mentioned ridiculous restrictions that are equal to a moratorium.
Remember;step by step....stay awake mericans!

For those who can read german,if you don,t believe me ,Point 3.A

http://www.anjf.sg.ch/home/fischere...cFile/Merkblatt Goldwaschen SG 2015 07 02.pdf

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn, I am sorry to hear that. :(
Do you have Mining associations out there to help fight this?

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone wonders about the bottle of silicone personal lube I have in the car.:laughing7:

I run with one of the "Skin-in" style suits. You'll need lube to prevent splitting seams, but they don't pick up any smells, as the lining is anti-bacterial. Put some lube in those areas that get raw. They tend to be a little thinner, but they are WARM!

Other suits should be shampooed regularly to keep the bugs out. Diveskins can also help, but they also need cleaning. Remember, just because you are wet doesn't mean you're clean. Certain worms can get under the suit if a diveskin protrudes. A good fitting suit can protect against a lot of crap in the water, even toxins! If the current suit is a stock size, you may need to go to a custom cut suit to get the right fit.

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone please double check my math? For 150ft run of 4" diameter you get 49.95 cubic feet of volume * 7.48 gallons (per cubic foot) = 373.26 Gallons of Water * 8.3 (lbs in 1 gallon) = 3101lbs of water total.

Thanks

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well neo ,there is one here but its selfcensored and it represents only a fraction of the prospectors.
In my absolute beginner times i,ve read that member (s )reported another prospector to the authorities because he/ they saw him using a pump.They have codex of honour to not use motorized equipment.
Not all but a significant part of them thouht;if we play good boy , don,t talk boldly in the forum and take distance from the others who may ask for more than a showel ,they leave us alone. Big mistake.Hope they wake up a bit now.
Ive read someone from the assciation wants to get in touch with the agencie and talk about the issue.
I really wish them luck but the lies spread by the opponents are huge as usual and it,s gonna be difficult.
I could care less because i prefere prospecting in my homecountry anyway,where at least at current times theres a bit more freedom for goldwashers.But also my country signed the u.n.landlockupplans...a matter of time maybe.

I don,t use motors but i don,t see a common "prospectors spirit" thats why i stayed away from the association from the beginning.
To theire defense i have to say that we live in a tiny ,closely spaced overregulated wealthy country with ironically many frustrated petty people,who swallowed the word "sustainable" like if it was a steak.
The goal is clear ,also from the pdf link i posted;Every uncertified mining activity ,(regardless of size)on public or state/communty lands shall be eradicated,labeled as damage to the enviroment.They also outlawed showels.

Rant over for now..now lets get ready for the next big testholes neo:thumbsup:

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone wonders about the bottle of silicone personal lube I have in the car.:laughing7:

I run with one of the "Skin-in" style suits. You'll need lube to prevent splitting seams, but they don't pick up any smells, as the lining is anti-bacterial. Put some lube in those areas that get raw. They tend to be a little thinner, but they are WARM!

Other suits should be shampooed regularly to keep the bugs out. Diveskins can also help, but they also need cleaning. Remember, just because you are wet doesn't mean you're clean. Certain worms can get under the suit if a diveskin protrudes. A good fitting suit can protect against a lot of crap in the water, even toxins! If the current suit is a stock size, you may need to go to a custom cut suit to get the right fit.

ok ,..i take notes...tomorow i go to the grocery store ..panty hose,..personal lube....wait a minute..? :-)

No seriously ,thats a good tip for the suit hygiene,thanks captn.
I thought my problems where caused by the friction from wearing the suit from early morning to late evening for 8 days or so in a row. When i was a active soccer player,me and also many other players had the same mastitis problems sometimes from the (i think nylon) soccer dresses.The soccer player usually wear a cotton undersuit or put plasters over the nipples if they have issues with that.
And the intertrigo came sometimes in preparation when the inner thigh skins scrape on eachother during long jogging sessions . Would the type of suit you suggest reduce friction?

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone please double check my math? For 150ft run of 4" diameter you get 49.95 cubic feet of volume * 7.48 gallons (per cubic foot) = 373.26 Gallons of Water * 8.3 (lbs in 1 gallon) = 3101lbs of water total.

Thanks

i did,nt double check but lets suppose your correct,where your driving at?

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all ,some vids from my latest trip.
Nothing special from gold ammount i got,was working material with a half gram per yard c.a. and had off days because of higher/faster water.

cheers emilio

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.
Preparing gear for summer .
Foto0001.jpg Foto0002.jpg Foto0003.jpg
Hope this fixes the watervolume problem in low drop spots.Also provides nozzletime for up to 2 guest-dredgers.
Later i want to add 3 feet additional sluice run that widens out and some more mods .

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all
vid about easy hose priming using 1 hand .
second vid shows the amounts of blacksands i,m dealing with after slightly less then cubic yard .

Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to improove..

To overcome the weak flow problem in the undersection (under the classifier) of the 8inch ,i decided to take out the riffels that i needed to push down the expanded tightly to the matting.The expanded is made from aluminum and bends up when pushed down .Instead i,m gonna try to use only the mesh support inox sheets that are mounted with the direction of the waterflow to push it down firmly.
In order to enshure the expanded doesnt bend up i bought aluminum square bars and let the metalguy weld a frame. Foto0051.jpg
Foto0054.jpg

Bought some wire mesh,5mm and 12mm.(5 of an inch and half inch) cause water can enter faster with the wiremesh . Foto0053.jpg

OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and found some slightly different expanded made from metal just few days ago,a little more rounded,mine is flatter on top. Foto0049.jpg

Foto0050.jpg

Is this the type you use bill in costa rica? Thinking about using it in the aditional 3 feet sluice run i want to build, together with the 4 pound expanded.

Attachments

• Foto0036.jpg
    Foto0036.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
OP
OP
spaghettigold

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the above pic was supposed to be here----->

then Foto0035.jpg then Foto0037.jpg riveted and siliconed the stainless steel inlay to protect the aluminum.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread