8 Silver ~ 49 Wheats ~ Token ~ Injun ~ Jewelry!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello My Friends!!

I'm having a pretty productive week so far detecting two heavily pillaged parks. :whip2: Every detectorist in S. Cal has probably been to these two parks if they are interested in finding old coins.

Today, I met up with Bob(Bullfrog), Mike(ratman), and his Dad at an LA barrio park. Bob had to leave early, but no sooner after we greeted each other in the morning, I was locating deep targets. The wet, saturated ground has definitely helped in finding the really deep coins. Today, I found many of my teen wheaties, the '04 Injun, and the token beyond 9" in a heavily detected area. These signals were very faint, and if you didn't know what to listen for, you would have passed right over them. The signals were zinc'y and broken in tone. I think out of the 20 wheats I found today, about 10 of them were in the teens and 20's, including a 1909(Philly mint). The token says "Morton's Stag Lunch", "Redondo Beach", "Good For 10 In Trade". Any info on it would be appreciated. It was a lot of fun to detect the old Barrio today. Oh, and the little silver mariner's pendant was a signal I normally don't dig, but since I was showing Bob at the time what a pull-tab to zinc target was, I just happened to dig the small piece of silver.... ::)

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High! :headbang:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3366_sm.jpg
    IMG_3366_sm.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 817
  • Injun_Token_021809.jpg
    Injun_Token_021809.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 816
  • IMG_3363_sm.jpg
    IMG_3363_sm.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 816
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
beetle662 said:
Wow! Great finds! That had to be a fun day of detecting right there!

Congrats on all the loot!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Beetle!! Good luck to you too! :thumbsup:

nice finds... later..

Thanks TwinDigger...Later!

KirkTN said:
Blinding me here in TN too. I like the anchor Crucifix piece. :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

Thanks, KirkTN. I almost didn't dig that crucifix. It certainly didn't have the typical silver tone. More like a zinc-penny.

Just another day in Cali....for the ole Captn! Nice ones again my friend. You are killing those parks buddy. Nice job. jgas

Thanks, jgas! Yep, still "killing" the parks! :thumbsup:

great finds

Thanks, sonny! :thumbsup:

Golden1 said:
Nice finds as always Dan!!!

Gratz to you :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

G1

Thanks, G1 ! Good luck to you this year! :thumbsup:

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Just amazing the amount of silver you've pulled over the last couple years and to think of all that silver still left buried for you and your friends to recover!! Congrats on another great day!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread